Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How's your season going? >

How's your season going?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's your season going?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How's your season going?

This is my first year BOW hunting, so I can't compare to previous years. I have only beenout 4 times so far, and have been skunked 3 of the 4. The last time I was out I was 3 deer steps away from having my first shot opportunity. Had a doe at 12-15 yards behind some limbs and leaves, heading for an open shot and I think she caught me drawing my bow. Made 3 or4 stomps, a loud blow, and she was gone. Pretty exciting though. I will learn from the experience.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Spike

Rollercoaster ride so far. Saw nothing opening morning on the same old over pressured piece I hunted last year. Left the woods a finally got permission to hunt some property right out my back door. Headed out that afternoon super excited only to find very little sign of anything, just a big let down. Put a stand out and huntedit a few days later and wound up seeing 3 different small bucks and a doe that I passed on, excited all over again. I've been back out twice since and haven't seen a thing, let down again.
That about sounds like hunting doesn't it. Anyway I own a few acres up state in Sullivan County PAthat I haven't been able to hunt yet this season, Saturday shouldbring some excitement.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing lots of deer coming to my food plots in the evenings, including 1 huge 10 point right at dark.

Still trying to figure out where the are in the mornings. Sightings have been slim.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting this year realy sucks to much corn out there since oct 1st i've only seen three doe's rest of the time i've been out haven't see a single deer and i hunt till 11'00 or 11'30..The thing is they won't get the corn out till the end of oct or early nov.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

Hey Jeff, I have actually had a pretty nice season so far. Only one doe harvested (The lack of a freezer is the reason as I have had many opportunities to take shots at deer but have not) but surprisingly I have seen 6 different bucks in the small 33 acre plot I am hunting (1 big one, a younger injured buck w/ crazy rack (got him on video), a young 8, and 3 small bucks-a spike, 3 point and 5 point.). I am strictly buck hunting from now until mid november.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

****ting, I have zero time to hunt

Was suppose to go out last night, instead I had two sick ladies at home.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Decent.I don't usually have a taxidermy bill this early in the year. Some of you may remember the piebald that I posted pics of. I've yet to see him from the stand. I've had some of his running mates all around me, but not him. I'm pretty sure he got pressured off the land and I don't have permission (can't get permission) from the adjacent land owners. I've had several small bucks all around but deer sightings as a whole are down. I had a basket 6 come in last night and a fawn. Looking to take a doe as I've got people wanting meat, now if I could only see a doe.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:54 AM

Kind of a mixed season so far for me. Kills are down from last year, but my buck sightings are WAY up. My misses are also WAY up from this point last year! So far I've missed and nice 8 with a droptine the first morning, and a good sized 4x4 Sika deer! But I did manage to kill my first Sika this year, so overall it's been a great season. Just got to whack a couple nanny's now!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Gr8..haven't broken any bones and have taken an elk and a nice buck so far. Life is good.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My year has been awesome. Shot a P&Y second day of the season this year (first ever) took a doe in early season, have seen tons of deer and still have 5 doe tags left to fill. Headed out Monday to take one or two. Hunted up in NY for the first time last weekend on our new property in the Adirondacks, was awesome.

Shane

Quick Reply: How's your season going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.