Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How's your season going? >

How's your season going?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's your season going?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Bartender

Default RE: How's your season going?

I am having a blast!

T
Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 PM

My season is going very well, even though I have only gotten to sit 6 times. I have seen 29 deer, I believe, and taken 2 does.

I am focusing on taking a buck now.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say mine is going pretty damn good. I killed a bull elk and a mule deer in Idaho. And I killed my first whitetail here in Michigan. My freezer is doing pretty good
Old 10-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't been out yet. Between the recent warm temps and work.. just haven't had the time.[:@] Hopefully next week I can break into the season.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

7 sits so far...seen 6 deer, 3 bucks and 3 does. Saw a 4-6 pointer( couldn't tell if he had browtines) today at 3 pm. I've seen as many bucks in 2 weeks this year as I did all of last year. That being said, they have all been small ( spike, 5 pointer, and whatever I saw today). Considering I saw less than 20 deer all of last year, this year has been going just fine.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doe opening morning in Ohio and buck that evening! I have shut it down for the 2008 season!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is going ok. Ive been out 18 times and seen 30 deer. I hit a bump in the road when i wounded that buck, but im back into the swing of things. I wont be getting out much until the rut because f fire classes and work.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine's been pretty crappy. Barely seeing deer. Very little sign around, but I did see a nice 2.5 yr old buck tonight. And I've taken one nice doe so far.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen plenty of does and a spike. I haven't seen a shooter buck yet. I hope that changes once therut kicks in
Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

All-in-all really well. I started the bowhunting addiction last season, but wasn't able to score on anything. This year I got my first (a doe) opening day and then a week later got another (4-pt). I kind of wish I hadn't shot the 4 pt. Although, I figure it works since I've gotten one to account for the shut-out last season and one for this year (so far).Plus, the eats are/will be excellent. At any rate, I'm officially hooked.

As for sightings and such, it's been exclusively does except for the afforementioned buck. I've been out five times and seen six deer. I'm not counting deer that I've seen on multiple occasions. Not bad, not great. I'd really like to see something with horns for a change, though. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

Best of luck to everyone. Stay safe.

Quick Reply: How's your season going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.