Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about Illinois regs >

question about Illinois regs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about Illinois regs

Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default question about Illinois regs

Illinois used to have this asinine regulation on the books about having to lock up your strings and cables with a padlock on the way out of the woods... I searched through every page of the '09 Hunting Diges and can't find it listed anywhere. Does anyone know for certain if they do or don't have that reg in place anymore?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: question about Illinois regs

That reg has not been in place for as long as i have been huntin....10yrs.

Must have been quite some time ago, where you here about that?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that regulation is gone.

There are some public land areas that require this while walking through a No Hunting Area in Illinois though.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 AM

I remember that reg. I used to carry a tiny pad lock and slip it through one of my wheels. It was that or pack the bow in and out in a case. It was a pain to keep up with the lock, but wasn't that big of a deal if you could remember it. Most guys were unaware it was even in the regs. I believe I remember it being changed several years ago.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly Greg, I think it depends on the CO. I got my balls busted last year by a CO for walking out without having my "bow secured in a non-shootable manner" as that perckerhead said. My quiver was in one hand, my bow in the other, and my release was still on my hand. I didn't get ticketed, but he let me know that "I could have written you a ticket, but i'll let you off this time." Come one dude, its blacker than the inside of a horse, my headlamp is LED and doesn't go mroe than about 10 feet in front of me, am I really going to shoot a deer?

I don't think that rule is on the books anymore though in an official manner.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's exactly why I'm asking, Mike... evidently, we've got a young peckerhead of our own who's recently started up around here getting off on writing people up for the smallest infractions. I want to make absolutely sure I don't miss anything down to the letter of the law, and I was trying to remember anything I thought he could use in case I ever run into him.

I could just see him bragging that he nailed someone who sits on nine national pro staffs as some big "accomplishment" -- even though in reality it was for some stupid, little-known crap like this instead of focusing his efforts on catching someone doing somethingcriminal like shooting deer from the road.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM

I can not find the reference to "cased or inoperable" in the IL regs except under tansporting in a vehicle.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 AM

One other thing. It shouldn't be that difficult to contact the officer himself and ask him. That way you no matter how stupid, you know your meeting his expectations.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't even like the stupid law about casing or zip tying the cables when in the vehicle and I know I have to do that right when I come to IL?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got two hospitals to see yet today Hobbes, and after that you're exactly right -- that's my exact intention. Just wanted to get some general feedback this morningbefore I get there.

Rob, you're right; your bow must be in an enclosed case while it's in your vehicle.

Quick Reply: question about Illinois regs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.