Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

grunting

Old 10-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Default grunting

Anyone who grunts regularly please give advice. I need advice on which one to buy and I know by the way you blow threw them it changes tone any advice thank you.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: grunting

I have one that does 3 different tones, buck,doe,fawn. Seam to work for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Spike

I use the Hunter Specialties Tru Talker. You can adjust the call between a doe bleat to a buck grunt. It has little bands where you place your fingers for each type call. Some guys seem to have good luck with them while others cant seem to make a sound for anything. Like shooting straight, it takes practice.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

i use a tru talker as well....many seem to use it and seem to agree that it sounds great...easy to use....very hard to use wrong...i dont usually mess with the pressure bands or anything...just blow however hard i want and turn the tube to the side and use my hand on the end...

careful in freezing temps! mine froze up on me last year and i NEEDED it...i should known better...ANY reeded call will freeze up....i keep it in my coat now when im not using it in freezing temps...lesson learned....but that will happen to ANY reeded call....
Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM

A friend gave me the M.A.D. Buck growl call last year or whenever. I don't use the growl feature (even though some swear by it) but I use it because it produces a really loud, deep grunt. It's worked for me on SEVERAL occasions. Try getting a loud grunt out of some other calls...you'll sound like a quack. It's definitely a lot better than my old one which I'm sure the deer couldn't hear.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pick yourself up a River Valley Game Calls Deer Flute, with a quick easy slide of the brass slide, you'll have your buck grunts, doe bleats and contact calls. No need for 0rings or placing your fingers just right. It's simple and it's got exceptional sound. I've been calling whitetails nearly 30 years, it's my go to call and I've owned a pile of them.

http://www.rivervalleygamecalls.com

Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

yea i try to use a primos call its the small one but i dont know if im makin the right sounds or if theyre just not respondin to it
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Calls won't work everytime. They are a tool that can increase your chances or sometimes completely blow your chances. It's a must have in my opinion for any serious hunter. I can't imagine being without mine. So again don't get discouraged you won't get a deer to react everytime. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Calls won't work everytime. They are a tool that can increase your chances or sometimes completely blow your chances. It's a must have in my opinion for any serious hunter. I can't imagine being without mine. So again don't get discouraged you won't get a deer to react everytime. Good luck.
the only reaction ive ever had from a grunt call was a doe came stormin in and was lookin for a fight last year
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM

thanks guys. I have this pesty 8 pointer who I missed last year since he came across the field late and this year he made the same move. I am hoping to arouse his curiosity and get him out a little earlier.
good luck all

Quick Reply: grunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.