Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lumenoks how many people use them? >

Lumenoks how many people use them?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lumenoks how many people use them?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lumenoks how many people use them?

I tried them and had some problems. I don't remeber what brand they are, but they are the ones that are activated with a magnet you glue on the side of your riser, just next to your rest. I'm shooting the new carbon express arrows. The nocks came with a set used for practice. I was losing almost 4" at 30 yards. I was setting up for an elk hunt in Colrado and felt it wasn't worth it.

If I might have been doing something wrong and someone knows what it is I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, Rob
Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM

I make my own using bobber lights from "rod & bobbs". So far 100% reliable and lightweight. Google diy lighted nocks or rod & bobbs.
There's no doubt they are worth having. I shot a doe and hit the offside shoulder and she left VERY little blood....... until the arrow pulled out. I would have NEVER found the arrow and picked up her trail without the light. She was double lunged, but for some reason went waaaaay tooo far.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our Easton rep gave me a bunch of tracers for my Axis arrows... I gave them a try... and it's probably no different than crack..... once you try them you are hooked for life... they are just too dang cool.

I've been shooting them (mostly in practice at night for the cool effect) for the last two months... and I have yet to NOT have one light up when shot.... 100% light up over probably 500-600 shots... and yes, the practice nocks are great, but they aren't cool!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got some lumenok's and hopefully they work. I will find out next week. I'm not going to change what I'm shooting with the season starting the 18th

31 more hours
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

i use tracers. i love them. Makes findin your arrow much much easier. I have one complaint about them although. They sometimes get activated by accedent in my bow case. Then they die. Has anyone else had tthis problem??
Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

i have lumenocks in everyone of my hunting arrows. i also practice with them as i like to practice the exact same as i hunt. I've tried the tracer knocks and wasnt that impressed do to the fact that you have to activate and deactivate them, rather than just hunt. and i found that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead. Lumenocks arent perfect and i have had to do some modifying on alot of them to get them to work properly but i wont ever shoot anything without them, its pretty cool to watch, and very helpful in low light conditions.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

[regarding tracer nocks] and that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead.
I have found the same thing to hold true brad. We have a bag of them in our shop and every week we send it back to easton for good ones. Honestly I think about one in six or so will be dead right out of the package. The key is to find those before you buy them.... kinda like cracked eggs at the super market.. open the package, activate them... check'em out.... and you're good to go. So anyone who is buying tracers.. heads up.... make sure they work before you leave the store!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:48 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

[regarding tracer nocks] and that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead.
I have found the same thing to hold true brad. We have a bag of them in our shop and every week we send it back to easton for good ones. Honestly I think about one in six or so will be dead right out of the package. The key is to find those before you buy them.... kinda like cracked eggs at the super market.. open the package, activate them... check'em out.... and you're good to go. So anyone who is buying tracers.. heads up.... make sure they work before you leave the store!!!!
I agreee. Our shops has gotten some bad traceers also. I used them and will never go back to lumenoks.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Love mine. cant tell any difference with mine. I have tried the green and didnt like them, ill stick with orange.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Easton Tracer nocks, I had trouble the Lumenocks not working properly.