Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3 yr anniversary was this week. >

3 yr anniversary was this week.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 yr anniversary was this week.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default 3 yr anniversary was this week.

I was thinking...sitting in a tree, this week (imagine)....that I just had my 3 yr bowhunting anniersary on the 15th. I've packed a lot into 3 years afield, I think....and made some memories to last a lifetime.

Thanks to all of you who've helped me along the way.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3 yr anniversary was this week.

3 years and over 18,000 posts...........you must be a wealth of knowledge!

Seriously congrats on your anniversity~
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah...seriously...a man could do worse....if he wanted to know everything there is to know about bowhunting.

I won't say it's a speed course to experience.....but I won't say it isn't, either.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Yeah...seriously...a man could do worse....if he wanted to know everything there is to know about bowhunting.

I won't say it's a speed course to experience.....but I won't say it isn't, either.
Congrats on the 3 year mark. I would say the last two years I've really been reading on here, my hunting has advanced ten fold. It's amazing how much I was doing wrong those other 7 seasons.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok if you can remember your anniversary for bowhunting you better not forget you wedding anniversary! Especialy if she reads here. LOL

Seriously Congrats. I was a teenager Its been 22 years for me. Dang I feel old...LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 AM

you have done very well in those short 3 yrs. congrats.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm having/had my 27th bowhunting anniversary this year. 30th hunting anniversary in general.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Jeff!! You have accomplished more in your first three years as a bowhunter, than most guys will in a lifetime ...
Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Not why I wrote it though, T (but thanks)....It was more of a reflection on how time can pass by so quickly. Just like the other day when I stopped to look at the scene in front of me......we need to digest this stuff as we're doing it.

I still remember shaking like a leaf so hard.....I had to brace my back leg against the tree for fear the deer would see the whole thing shaking. All that and my bow never left the hook, that day.

It's the little things, ya know? That encounter with the young, perceptive doe yesterday was awesome...and again the bow never got reached for.

3 yrs......and I still can't sleep good the night before a hunt (EVERY TIME). It's raining outside right now and I'm waiting for Frank (Brknarrow) to get here so we can go sit in it.

I'm guilty of getting caught up in the little stuff more than most......but I think we all need to slow down......take it ALL in. 3 YEARS have gone by since I first got in a tree. Wow.

Good luck tomorrow, Tony. I'm pulling for ya.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

You got me thinking when my anniversary is. I remember the first deer I shot with a bow, it was a 8 point buck in Nov. with a ben pearson recurve. I could not recall the day or year. It did take me two years to get my first deer. I stumbled and bumbled around back in the 80s with little understanding of deers. I sure could have used the internet back then.

I will echo what has been said, you have done very well in those three years.

Quick Reply: 3 yr anniversary was this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.