Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bought my first ever safety harness today >

Bought my first ever safety harness today

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought my first ever safety harness today

Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bought my first ever safety harness today

Yep, with all this talk about safety harnesses, I finally went out and bought one. I got the HSS Tree Stalker. From the time that I opened the package, to the time I had it on and all adjusted, was about 2 minutes, gotta like that.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Bought my first ever safety harness today

Yep. I bought one of those myself. I absolutely love it, I'm just having some trouble finding the perfect position for the tether so I can shoot to my right.....And it's extememly comfortable, I don't even know I'm wearing it.....Love it.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the hss and love it as well, it is like it is not their, plus it has alot of useful pockets.(could do without the velcro though)
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

HSS= the best thing since sliced bread...Makes wearing a harness that much easier

Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM

I purchased one for the fist time this year also...comfortable and easy to put on. One problem tho....last night was the first chance I had to go use it, my ladder stand is on a big cottonwood tree and the tether strap was not long enough to go all the way around.[:@]

Anyone have a similar problem and have a solution or should I just contact HSS for the right way to strap in on a big ol tree?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Big Daddy!
I love my HSS vest! Nice purchase!!
The velcrois kinda noisy on the pockets. I think I might cut the velcro peices off the pockets so those pockets are more usefull.

Parker
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Should I throw it in the washing machine and wash it before I use it? Or will that hurt it. I was thinking about doing that, and then just hanging it out to dry.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think i washed mine. a good spray over with scent killer spray should do the trick. Throw it in a pile of leaves for a couple days (assuming it is dry out)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Parker!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Should I throw it in the washing machine and wash it before I use it? Or will that hurt it. I was thinking about doing that, and then just hanging it out to dry.
DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WASH MACHINE, it says not to do that on the instructions......Just get a 5 gallon bucket of another container similar in size and fill it with your scent away soap and put in there for about 10-15 mins. rinse with water and hang up to dry.

Quick Reply: Bought my first ever safety harness today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.