Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's not always about the kill...some photos. >

It's not always about the kill...some photos.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's not always about the kill...some photos.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's not always about the kill...some photos.

Man that some really nice pics, great job
Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome pics!!!! gotta get me on of them fancy cameras someday soon!!! maybe this summer!

has been a very beautiful season huh??? im kinda bummed, by the time i get out monday or tuesday alot of the leaves will be gone...whats not will be peaking, but when i get home, likely halloween weekend, the woods will be dang bare....next week aughta be awesome up north where i'll be...im sure i'll get alot of nice scenery even Halloween weekend...but i like watching it all unfold....

actually NEED the leaves to fall up north so i can see where the deer are coming out onto the oak flat...

Old 10-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love them slick tricks! Awesome pictures, you gotta nice set up going there
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Fork Horn

Pictures are lookin good! Good luck this year!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, guys. I almost enjoy taking pictures on stand as much as I do hunting...almost

Matt/TN, the DSLR market is a pretty flooded one at this point, and will continue to be with a lot of "new" up and comers. Sony, Olympus, Pentax, etc all offering distinct new features. However, I would really recommend to stay with Nikon or Canon if you see yourself getting into it simply because the lens selection and quality. You will hear arguments between Nikon and Canon on which is better, but in reality, in the right hands, they're just as good as each other, and in reality they both make VERY nice glass which is what makes the biggest difference, not the body. I would recommend going to a camera shop, and play the different models. Get a feel for how it sits in your hand. See how all of the functions and controls work. Look at the button layout. Is it comfortable? Cameras needed fitted to the person just like bows. Good luck with it!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:37 AM

Purty pics man!

A buddy of mine just got a new camera ( I forget which kind) and got me thinking about getting one as well. The only thing that turns me off is that some of the lenses cost more than a new bow![:-]
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics MGH! I took my camera out the only time I've been out this year and also took a few pics, never done that before myself.

Good quality pics!!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

those are absolutely fantastic pictures. it's pictures like those that made me buy a nikon d40x earlier this year. unbelievable camera. the pictures are amazing. so much better then any non-slr we've owned. i also bought a big lens, that lens is great for scouting. I don't even use my spotting scope anymore.

again, great pictures. reminds me of the woods last weekend and I forgot my camera. dangit!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Fantastic pics!! Love looking at those. Yes, living vicariously through you guys while in the office...

Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Hey, is that the spot you posted about last week ? You had a topo map of it with some purple dots on it........it looks like it to me .

Nice pics, you'll put one on the ground there once the bucks start getting rowdy.

Quick Reply: It's not always about the kill...some photos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.