Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disappointed in new Slick Trick >

Disappointed in new Slick Trick

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disappointed in new Slick Trick

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Disappointed in new Slick Trick

I bought the new Grizz-trick with the hopes of it flying like the magnum 100gr 1 1/8 heads I had last year. Well it flew like a field point and very accurate, but it sounded like a B-52 bomber taking off after the shot. The whistle was very loud from start to finish. I thought it may be the arrow, so I switched, same results, I went out and bought some o-rings to line up the blades to the fletchings as best as I could, same results a loud whistle. I shoot a x-force 7 with a 3-71 acc arrow. I paper tuned it, and had the bow looked at, same results. I truly like the slick trick brand and wouldn't put anything else on my arrow, but this type of noise is unexceptable. I cannot put this head on my arrow knowing the noise it makes thru the air, while it may kill deer I am not willing to take the chance of a deer hearing this noise and jumping the string. I am not saying that this is a bad broadhead, it is one of the best made heads on the market, I just wish that they could do something about the noise it makes shooting it. Had no choice but to switch to another head that fly's with less noise, Wac'em 100gr triton XL flew quiet and flew like field points with the same cutting diameter. they outperformed the grizz-tricks much to my dismay, so they'll be on my arrows this year.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Disappointed in new Slick Trick

To each his own!

I honestly do not notice any abnormal noise on my GrizzTricks and they fly like darts. So I'm using them. I personally wouldn't worry about a deer jumping the string, especially that XForce.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM

That bow too fast for them to jump the string, atleast 30 yds. in. Out 40 to 50 maybe. You should be in good shape.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know what to tell you I love my slick tricks.. But I cant give my two cents because Ive never shot grizztricks. Hope everything works out
Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't noticed any additional noise even at 317fps.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Folks, I've shot and shot and shot these heads, they are loud, maybe I got a lemon, do you guys hear anything at all.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I understand, even the guys at slick trick are outright saying that if you are shooting whitetailed deer, you are better off with the standard or mag slick tricks than the grizz tricks.

Lou-lou if you like slick trick's so much... why don't you shoot a standard or a mag slick trick???? Wac'em's are fine and all and I'm sure they hold up very well, but as you stated yourself slick tricks are pretty darn fine heads themselves.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

I have a set of mags 100gr., I ordered both sets in case something went wrong. We did a battery of tests today on different heads, 50 gal steel drum , 1/2 pressure treated plywood. We used both types of tricks and these heads called wac'em's. Never really heard much about these heads. Triton XL was there name. All heads survived without blades breaking, but penetration was a tad different, the grizz-tricks are 1 1/4 ,the mags 1 1/8 and this wacem was 3 blade 1 1/4. All out of the dream season x-force. The grizz's were loud of course but got hung up on the back side of the drum, plywood went 4in up the arrow other side, the mags went thru the drum just past the blades and about 9 inches thru the plywood. We were convinced that the mags were the best until my buddy got a UPS delivery. He stated he just bought some broadhead called a wacem and wanted to try them, so we did and wow, these heads outperformed them all hands down. I'm pretty hard to convince, these heads were as sharp as the tricks, flew quiet, and were accurate. Here's where they seperated from them , a complete pass through of the drum, and 20 inches thru the plywood, yup, a complete pass thru of the 50 gal drum, I could not beleive it, no blades breaking, it's dulled up a bit. All shots were taked at 15yards , 450gr arrow 28inch draw. I shot alot of heads and tested hundreds over the years, nothing has ever come close to what I saw today. I don't know much about these heads but damn, if it can pass thru a drum what's it going to do to a deer? Sorry guys I seen it and believe it, these wacem's or whatever they are called are tough.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I had this same thing happen to me with slick tricks. I brought it to the bow shop and couldnt figure out why it was making the noise. I switched to the rage and im happy with them.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

That bow too fast for them to jump the string, atleast 30 yds. in. Out 40 to 50 maybe. You should be in good shape.
I sure hope no one believes this.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in new Slick Trick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.