Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey NY BOWHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Hey NY BOWHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey NY BOWHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hey NY BOWHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The obligation is that it is a deer management area in a area that is heavily populated with deer. Does are the main objective but fawns of unknown sex are counted as does in the sense that if harvested it would be one less deer for the area to sustain and one less deer to bear offspring next year. Hope this helps in your understanding.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: V8Ranger

Well that bits Tony. Way to go on that turkey. I am trying to under stand why there is an obligation to shoot a Fawn. I didn't see anything last night. I went out this morning and only saw 1 doe on the ridge about 100 yards away. I tried to call her in but she never broke stride as to where she was moseying to. I will go back out this after noon and see what happens. But so far not much movement at all. The moon needs to go away. From what I can find it looks like the moon will be gone in about8 to 10days. Then the nights will be dark. The rut would be nice to but I think thats still a few weeks away. At least it will be cold all week at night.
Thnx, i took a pic of the turkey but it came out so blurry you cant even see it, o well i will always have the memory of when i turned and saw about 30 turkeys all walking ina line right to my stand...
I agree with what you said about the moon, its made day movement go down ALOT.
One thing i have noticed is last week and beyond all the bucks where in groups, the last few days till now they are all by them selves, anyone else noticing this?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok loo. Just didn't know why anyone would shoot a fawn, but if thats the case, totally understandable.
I haven't seen a buck yet to know if they are by them selves. There are 2, 6 or 8 points, that have beenrunning around my house all summer. I have one of themon my trail cam and the other one at this point is M.I.A. other than them I also have 2 spikes on my cam at the same time, and just one of them. Soif I had to guess I would say they split up.The spikes I will let walk, but if I'm still deerless on the last 2 days of the season, I'm not eating tag soup. If they show up,one of them is getting an arrow.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

A little more action today, saw 2 sets of does and fawns w/ one bedding 15 yds broadside but I opted to just watch them since I figured the deer were moving and a buck was a possibility.

Also saw a nice black bear at 20yds giving me a perfect broadside shot. Unfortunately I was in 3r w/ no open season for bears...yet.

Still no bucks though but some must be moving cause my taxidermist friend got a few in already and a guy had a nice one in his truck in the CVS parking lot last night.

As the moon goes away we should get a little more buck movement.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking good for us WNY'ers, massive cold front today with it being damn cold tomorrow, I know i'll be in stand!

The morning I shot my doe I seen a small buck with nose to the ground after a doe, the young ones are getting squirrely, its only a matter of time!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

A little more action today, saw 2 sets of does and fawns w/ one bedding 15 yds broadside but I opted to just watch them since I figured the deer were moving and a buck was a possibility.

Also saw a nice black bear at 20yds giving me a perfect broadside shot. Unfortunately I was in 3r w/ no open season for bears...yet.

Still no bucks though but some must be moving cause my taxidermist friend got a few in already and a guy had a nice one in his truck in the CVS parking lot last night.

Where were you hunting in 3R? That's where I live. I'm in Albany right now for college, but I'm coming home this weekend to do a little hunting.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Where were you hunting in 3R? That's where I live. I'm in Albany right now for college, but I'm coming home this weekend to do a little hunting.
Yup, Pomona. live in warwick work in stony pt. Ha small world!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I live in Stony Point. I know a few guys that hunt in Pomona, good luck this season.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

They say some snow flurries tonight and overcast. So hopefully it will hide the moon and with the front coming through, there will be some good movement tomorrow. I will be out there in the morning still looking for a deer to even contemplate shooting. So let hope with the weather change I can find Mr. Buck.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Cold and wind burn is what I got today, not a single deer in 5 hours, but still is better than work or a sharp stick in the eye.

Quick Reply: Hey NY BOWHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.