Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT >

BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

Old 10-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

In Ky. we can bow hunt during gun season, so I bow hunt only.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 PM

I do both bow and muzzleloader. Got into muzzleloading because of my dad. Now I have a son and daughter who are both getting into hunting and want to go gun hunting with dad.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow and rifle here. We can't bow hunt thru rifle season so if I didn't rifle hunt also I'd have to sit at home for 9 days. I'd go insane.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

i both bow hunt and muzzleloader... i muzzleoad to avoid the crowds that head into the woods on the regular deer season.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the past Ive done it all. But this year Im not using a ML and if my blessings continue with a bow, the Rifle may stay in the cabinet also.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

I bow, rifle and muzzleloader hunt. I just like to be out there it doesnt really matter to me what weapon I am using as long as I can get out there Im happy.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both but my Bowhuting much more serious

Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

im with GR8.......

bow season i bowhunt...

rifle season i typically rifle hunt, though ive carried the flintlock, might take the slug gun if i get it scoped this season, one day, i may even take the bow...one day i'll get me a revolver too...

flintlock/late archery, i take the flintlock....

many reasons....stand hunting PERIOD in my area after about 10am opening morning is about a lost cause unless you get deer pushed past your stand....just super heavy pressure...could hunt a funnel and probably see deer...but they are going to be skittish and alert...so i leave the bow at home...usually we gather a crew and do some small drives...same with flintlock season...less pressure, but deer were hammered for a 6 week bowseason, small game, fall turkey, 2 week rifle season etc....possible for late season archery hunting, but ive taken the flintlock stand hunting numerous times in the late season and never seen a deer...we gather a crew and drive that season as well most of the time...

i enjoy it all...rifle hunting is loosing its spark with me, though i still love gathering with the crew and putting on some good ole drives....thats why im itchin to scope the slug gun...just a change of pace....ive eaten more tags than ive filled....but like to atleast kinda stay with the program...and enjoy it all...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I do bowhunt most of the time. But when gun season rolls around I don't stay home.. I love to hunt so I head to the woods with a pistol usually.. Sometimes a slug gun...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Typical Buck

bow only for last 8 years, rifled two deer same day in 60mph wind and probably 5-6 inches of rain that day , next day had running water in my scope dug bow out again. before that had probably been 10 years except one day with shotgun for geese.
hunt ducks and geese with bow every year with bow. heading out tomorrowAM for Mtn. Goat hunt with my bow.

Quick Reply: BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.