Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 100 grain ultimate steel question?? >

100 grain ultimate steel question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

100 grain ultimate steel question??

Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default 100 grain ultimate steel question??

Well i shot my deer with my new 100 grain ultimate steel broadheads. Perfect double lung shot, the deer only ran about 80 yards Found her no problem since almost all 80 yards was out in a field. Here is the puzzling part, two of my blades either broke off or fell out when i revovered the arrow. They broke off inside the deer because the exit hole was very small. This resulted in almost no external blood loss. So my question is although i am almost certian i had the broadhead put together correctly did i not have them put together right or has anyone had this same problem with these broadheads?? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 100 grain ultimate steel question??

I tested the ultimate steels two different times for my website. I had the same problem with blade loss. I didn't recomend the heads then nor do I recomend them now. I feel for the same money you can get a lot better heads that stay together, fly as well, etc.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

i bought a pack several years ago and threw them away because they blades were loose.

rick
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

wow. well im really suprised that this broadhead has given other people problems. I was told that it was a great broadhead. any other people have problems with it??
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

The blades are sharp and the head would probably be a good one if they could figure out a different blade retention system.............one that actually works.

Like was mentioned above, I've heard numerous complaints over the years of these things just spitting blades.

Like 5 Shot mentioned there are much better heads out there in that class.

Look at the Rocky Mt. Blitz, or G5 Striker for a super sharp, great flying head that will perform like it should in that style.