Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rob's Buck on Video (CLOSE UP VID PG 8) >

Rob's Buck on Video (CLOSE UP VID PG 8)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rob's Buck on Video (CLOSE UP VID PG 8)

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rob's Buck on Video

Guess Rob should have drilled him, scored 60 points for team 15, and then took the pics of the arrow path over the spine.[8D]

If this deer's entry wound was under the spine, he'd be yote food already. Not to mention, IMO walking a little funny, if he wasn't.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know 100% for sure that this buck was actually shot?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Pops:

I don't have that photo....but do me a favor and remove your white line.......insert another white line below the entrance side tut of hair and stop it at the entrance wound. Now do the same thing on the exit side below the tuft.

Looks a little different when you don't cover up the path, doesn't it.

Like I said.....I don't care anymore (for the sake of this exercise) whether it went above or below the spine....NOR do I think it matters. With the location of the exit wound......if that's an arrow wound.....I think there's some intestinal damage.

I think we'd walk funnier, too if soemone stabbed s with a 12" bowie knife all the way through. But that 4" pen knife can kill you just as dead. Just might take a little longer for you to die.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Pops:

I don't have that photo....but do me a favor and remove your white line.......insert another white line below the entrance side tut of hair and stop it at the entrance wound. Now do the same thing on the exit side below the tuft.

Looks a little different when you don't cover up the path, doesn't it.

Like I said.....I don't care anymore (for the sake of this exercise) whether it went above or below the spine....NOR do I think it matters. With the location of the exit wound......if that's an arrow wound.....I think there's some intestinal damage.

I think we'd walk funnier, too if soemone stabbed s with a 12" bowie knife all the way through. But that 4" pen knife can kill you just as dead. Just might take a little longer for you to die.
Jeff I totally disagree. A Muzzy is what 1.25" across, there is more skin, fat and tissue between the hide and the ribcage to make up more than 1.25".

Tell me this, if I photo/film that deer weeks from now, you still going to say he'll die eventually? Let's say the blades were down like sled runners and with a blade away from the ribcage, do you honestly think a broadhead would not fit betweent he hide and the ribs without puncturing the cavity.

Next deer I shoot I'm going to slide an arrow exactly where I feel this one is. I find Germ's picture that Pops quoted perfect.

And I find it hilarious if MOTOWN is right about just being tufts of hair. My cuz swears he hit it just over the shoulder which could be the cut on the front shoulder, maybe the deer was hit twice, maybe my cuz is wrong but where did that other cut come from?

Lots of mystery on this one and I'm almost sorry I posted it.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:31 AM

I like a good mystery.

Go get your cousin, put him back on this deer, have him shoot it, and take pictues of the autopsy.

If the arrow actually went throught the neck, which is also very possible, then all this argument over a wound through the gut that doesn't exist is hilarious.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

"It's merely a flesh wound"

Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

"It's merely a flesh wound"

LMAO!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Bryan!

Rob, I bet you are sorry you posted.....WOW did that thread go wild. Its hard to say....to me it looks like BOTH could be wounds, and IMO, that back one (if it is) didn't hit guts and he'll probably be fine.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 AM

The about the only sure thing I can get out of this thread is that there are still a bunch of people that just cannot understand how much room abovea deer's spine there is for an arrow to go thru, LOL.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I posted what I did earlier about a deer living after a shot passing thru its body cavity, I finally had time to look at a lot more of the pics here, and from some angles its hard to tell, but if I were a Referee on sundays..."after further review, the ruling on the field stands, the arrow passed over the deer's spine".

Like I said some angles make it look bad, but the clearest ones I think show it over.

Quick Reply: Rob's Buck on Video (CLOSE UP VID PG 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.