Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 do you shower before a morning hunt? >

do you shower before a morning hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you shower before a morning hunt?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default do you shower before a morning hunt?

do you get up early in the morning and shower before you leave to hunt? or do you just shower the night before and lease the house asap in the morning? I get up extra early (3:30am) so leave my house by 4:00 to get in my stand by 5:30. it sucks but i can't hunt without showering.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: do you shower before a morning hunt?

I always shower before a morning hunt not only to keep as clean and sent free as possible but also to help me wake up.

Heck come to think about it? Ishower before an afternoon hunt to.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

No, I don't shower before a morning hunt. The drive to my hunting property's is less than 20 minutes. I do usually make myself a cup of coffee to drink on the way though. This kind of wakes me up.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I shower before I go out regardless if its a morning hunt or afternoon hunt. I want to be scent free when I go out.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

If there was an option "I would shower before a morning hunt but I never wake up intime" thats the one I would pic. I take a scent free shower in the evenings and before afternoon hunts, but I am a very hard person to wake up so I rarely get a morning shower in. But if I have the chance I will shower in the mornings.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Spike

Absolutely shower in the morning. You are just that more confident in your ability to try and fool the deers nose. I use H.S. shampoo, body soap, and deordarant. We also do filming in the tree and need to take the extra steps to stay odor-free.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I do. I shower with scent free soap/shampoo all season long, but I like to get an extra "coat" on the right before the morning hunt, plus like RTA said, it wakes me up. I'm not a morning person by nature.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

If it's available to me.....I'm showering before EVERY hunt....bar none. Since I've started playing the wind, religiously....I don't think I've ever been more conscious of where deer are in my set.....and I wonder how many times I've been "busted" and never known it.

Probably more times than I care to think about......but I've never had the luxury to hunt various locations.

Like I said.....if it's available to me....I'm showering before every hunt. Getting up to hunt has never been a problem for me. I don't sleep well when I know I'm going out early. At 43 (almost 44).....I'm still like the kid in the Disneyworld commercial (too excited to sleep)
Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always before a morning hunt, and sometimes again before an afternoon hunt.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hit the showers before every hunt if possible, but absolutely before the morning hunt. If I'm staying all day, i rely on the scent-away wipes to freshen up a bit. Getting up 15 minutes earlier has never been a problem. I have about 40 minutes of driving to get to my spot, so I'm up real early anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.