Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2 Blade Rage Penetration >

2 Blade Rage Penetration

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Blade Rage Penetration

Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2 Blade Rage Penetration

I've shot 3 deer in total with the two blades and have had zero passthroughs. All had entrance and exit wounds but the arrow did not pass all the way through the deer. All 3 deer resulted in broken arrows![:@]
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Shoot a Thunderhead fixed. End of problems.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen 2 deer personally shot with rage 2 blades........both were pass thrus. Mine on a doe last year that I had to YANK out of the dirt, and Rick James' 200+lb Pa buck from saturday with the same result.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

could you also tells us everything about the shot. more than right in the boiler room. how high where ya. what angle was he at. i'm guessing it lodged in the off shoulder.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I've shot 3 deer in total with the two blades and have had zero passthroughs. All had entrance and exit wounds but the arrow did not pass all the way through the deer. All 3 deer resulted in broken arrows![:@]

Two holes = pass through

I've shot fixed blade heads for over a decade.... throughout the course of nearly 80 animals, save one pig and two spined deer.... I've NEVER not had a pass through. Always gotten two holes.

I just picked up some Rage two blades and some boosters to turn them into 125s because everyone has been carrying on about how great they are.... I couldn't cut myself with the tip on those piece of junk if I hammered the thing into my wrist. The main blades are good to go... the tip needs a lot of work. I look forward to trying one out on a neighborhood doe. Hopefully they will produce a short blood trail, because I don't want one dying in some poor schmoe's front yard.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've killed 2 deer with the Rage, one last year, and one this year. Last year, I had about 5ft/lbs less KE and get a pass through at 35yds. This year, I shot my deer at 10yds quartering away and didn't get a pass through. It lodged in the off-side and made it through the hide, but not all the way. He ended up pulling it out in the end.

I guess you have to consider how much these heads are cutting when they get inside an animal. The one I didn't get a pass through on, hit 6 ribs. [:-]. 4 on the way in, and 2 on the offside. [:-]

Dead deer, either way. Bloodtrails on both were great.

You'd probably get better penetration with the Slick Tricks, but they won't be as devistating. Yes, I know they'll kill one just as good, so no one start that argument.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Sorry i was in a hurry writing this and forgot to mention some things, 20 ft up, He was broadside, Front leg closest to me was forward.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Shoot a Thunderhead fixed. End of problems.
Agreed, although I opt for a 100gr sonic on at least a 280gr shaft.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

You'd probably get better penetration with the Slick Tricks, but they won't be as devistating. Yes, I know they'll kill one just as good, so no one start that argument.
If he gets a pass through with STs....I think they'd be MORE devistating than the rages that he isn't.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have now shot 9 deer with rages. All but one was a pass though. The one that was now was a extreme quartering away shot. It sank 20 inches of arrow in him. He went less then 50 yards. I did not bother to blood trail him. I heard him crash from the stand. I am shooting a Mathews Drenlin, 27.5 inch draw, 65 pounds, Cheetah 400 arrows.

-john

Quick Reply: 2 Blade Rage Penetration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.