Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A question for the law enforcement officers. >

A question for the law enforcement officers.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A question for the law enforcement officers.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A question for the law enforcement officers.

The walk isn't terrible,1/4 mile to spot where we park,1/2 mile to stand locations.Quite a bit of up hill walking.The biggest thing is having to park at a different location that wouldn't allow us the privacy we would like to have.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackpowderfever

If it is a legal right of way or a paper road they cannot block it. If they do call the fire marshal he will put an end to that because it is a saftey issue. I had that problem years ago easily fixable.
In California, it would be a fire issue...it would come down
Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

At least you have someone keeping people out. If your in the right cut the chain (with permission from the land owner) and let them get the law involved (and pay for it).

You might want some pics of them tresspassing first. A threat of prosecution never hurts.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like you met my old neighbors in Hurley eh?????? Cityiots at their best
Old 10-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Land locked property is always granted a right of way oran easment. I am sure if you look into it with the land owner, you will find this is true. Then once you are armed with the facts..... Bolt cutter up! Chain down!
DW
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Hey I live in NYC and I know the type of people you're dealing with. They think they own the world because they are paying for something. You have as much right to drive down that road as much as they do . Don't take any S**t from those yuppies.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

I Wouldn't cut the chain in PA. that could be aCRIMINAL MISCHIEFCharge of damaging anothers property. You could get a fine out of that.As stated in a few of the post get hold of your friend the property Owner, and have himtalk to the other Owner, have something worked out. Until there is an agreement i would go the extra 1/4- 1/2 mile for now, maybe a week or two no big deal right.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

In WV it would be a pissed off issue, much like a tree stand on ur property. Bolt cutters should work nicely. (At night of course)lol
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talk to your landowner to let him know his right of way is being blocked.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was considering cutting the chain and putting a link in it that is threaded and can be opened and closed.I will do nothing prior to speaking with our friend the land owner.I know that he will be pretty upset.In the mean time if it isn't resolved by the time I would like to hunt up in there I will walk the extra distance.
My friend is 66 years old,in very good shape though and often brings a grand son in with him to hunt.The resolution of this is just extra things for all of us to do that shouldn't be necessary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.