Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy MX4?????????????? >

Muzzy MX4??????????????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy MX4??????????????

Old 10-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy MX4??????????????

IS anyone using the Muzzy MX-4. I might go buy some tonight, just wandering if anyones used them. If u used them and didnt like em, them what do u suggest???????????
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy MX4??????????????

I use them and love them. I made the switch to muzzys about 3 years ago from Thunderheads and every deer I have shot with the muzzys have been complete pass throughs. I as well as others do have issues with muzzy mx4s and carbon arrows. So I have them on my aluminums. But youll have to see how they work for you, for me they are flawless in a hunting situation!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

so u dont suggest using them on carbons????
Old 10-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess it would depend on the carbon arrow weight. I knwo some are using the 3blade muzzy's on carbons and are having no issues. TO me its the quality, not so much how many blades.
ORIGINAL: tmontgo1

so u dont suggest using them on carbons????
Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't get the mx4s to fly right. I hear some guys do and some guys don't. I had to stay with my 3 blades. And I absolutely love them. Pass thru's through bone everything. Love them!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use them, never even tuned my bow, put them on and they fly just like my field points, guess we set the bow up right from the begginning.
I have them on carbons. put a doe down this year she went 30 yds and piled up. I used to use mechanicals and every deer I shot I would hear that classic " thwap!" Well these muzzys dont make that sound, you hear nothing, they go through deer like butter.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with you 100%!
ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I use them, never even tuned my bow, put them on and they fly just like my field points, guess we set the bow up right from the begginning.
I have them on carbons. put a doe down this year she went 30 yds and piled up. I used to use mechanicals and every deer I shot I would hear that classic " thwap!" Well these muzzys dont make that sound, you hear nothing, they go through deer like butter.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't like them one bit........nice looking design and pretty sharp but I had a heck of a time tuning them. They were the hardest to tune brodaheads I've shot in a while.
the 3 blades, like darts..........4 blades, like paper airplanes unless I choked em' down with hard helical feathers.

Even my big 150gr Snuffers that look like a 747 flew better than the MX4's for me.

IMO there are better made, sharper and more inherently accurate 4 blade heads on the market.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I use 27.5" Carbon Express Lite hunters, do u think i should go with the 100gr. MX3's ????????
Old 10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes.

Quick Reply: Muzzy MX4??????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.