Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force >

40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

Default 40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force

Here is the 3rd 40yd group shot w/ my new bow. The first two groups were used to sight in my 40yd pin.
I know that HCA bows don't get much credit/attention. Which,in my opinion, is from a lack of marketing and advertising. But I'm here to tell you, the '08 Speed Force is truly a pleasure to shoot. At 29', the valley is short but sufficient. The draw is a little aggresive at 75lbs. Very little hand shock and quiet, not muchdifferent thanthe '05 Switchback I had. Except for the additional 30-40 fps w/ the same 400grn arrows. I just ordered some Speed Pros, 5.5grns/in. I'm looking forward to shooting 350+fps and one pin out to 40yds.
BTW...here's a tipon sighting in longer pins. I sighted in my 1st pin for 30yds. Stepped back to 40yds and shot a 3 arrow group at the bullseye using my 30yd pin. Point of impact will tell you exactly where your 40 yd pin needs to be. Now take your bow and simulate a full draw position.While aligning the30yrd pin w/ the bullseye, adjust the 40yrd pin to where the 3 arrows groups. Then fine tune w/ one more group.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force

Cant argue with that group at 40 yds, nice shooting. The HCA is a great looking bow.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Except for the additional 30-40 fps w/ the same 400grn arrows. I just ordered some Speed Pros, 5.5grns/in.
You think that is a sufficient enough weight to hunt with on deer?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:28 PM

What does HCA stand for? I'll be looking for a new bow and I'm trying to keep an open mind, AKA not buy a bowtech without shooting any other bows.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Except for the additional 30-40 fps w/ the same 400grn arrows. I just ordered some Speed Pros, 5.5grns/in.
You think that is a sufficient enough weight to hunt with on deer?
Ask Fran about that, or how about, ask Fran about those two bucks he killed last year with light arrows.

Ask him how far they went into the dirt after passing through..

The bows "feel" decent. They are SUUUUPER aggressive though. I'd have to shoot about 50lbs. LOL!

They feel "about" like Bowtech's old Binaries. I know the cams on the SpeedForce are basically the Binaries, except they are called "trinaries" I believe.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

High Country Archery, I believe.

I agree with you on the marketing and advertising part. The Speed Force is a hell of a bow.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM

I ran the numbers through the OnTarget2 software and I should still get over 80lbs of kinetic energy w/ the Speed Pro arrows. I know I'll lose some momentum w/ the lighter arrows. We'll see. I don't think a whitetail outat 30yrds should pose a problem to this setup w/ 2 blade rages.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Brian/SC

I ran the numbers through the OnTarget2 software and I should still get over 80lbs of kinetic energy w/ the Speed Pro arrows. I know I'll lose some momentum w/ the lighter arrows. We'll see. I don't think a whitetail outat 30yrds should pose a problem to this setup w/ 2 blade rages.
Well, If I remember, the minimum KE needed to kill a deer is like 35 lbs or somthing. So I think your in the green for that. That is one sweet looking bow. Havnt seena shop that sells them around here though.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Man the last few days ive been thinking about which bow i will buy next. i thought bowtech one day, then mathews the next, then the gander mountain bow...but after looking up the high chountry speed pro 2009...that looks like it kicks the other ones asses...i mean im not all about speed or anything, but i only pull like 55 pounds right now and may move up to 60 in a year or so, and shooting over 300 fps at that weight and a 28 inch draw...that would be sweet! that being said i would have to test shoot everything before i end up making any decisions.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting and that is a nice looking bow.

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: 40yd group pic- HCA Speed Force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.