HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   damn it...stuck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/26765-damn-stuck.html)

stalkin steve 03-22-2003 06:38 PM

damn it...stuck!

I tend to do a bit of wet weather hunting and the last trip I did I forgot to unscrew my broadheads from the arrow shaft and give them an oil when I got home. [&:]They' re now stuck in there and I don' t know how to get them out![:@]
I' ve tried a bit of oil but that didn' t seen to work. [:' (]

Ant suggestions on how to get them out?

I have carbon arrows if that any help.

Thanks.;)

Fletchead 03-22-2003 08:07 PM

RE: damn it...stuck!

Maybe try banging them point first on something solid. Id try that first. Im just going from life experience there. Anytime somethings rusted or stuck, I just bang it with a hammer. If that doesnt work, I get a bigger hammer. Ive never had this happen so Im flying blind here. Maybe a butane lighter, and just a little heat if that doesnt work. If your inserts come loose, you didnt get that tip from me.

davidmil 03-22-2003 08:18 PM

DANG... they must have been on there for years for all that aluminum to lock up. [:o]I think when I put them together I' d just coat the threads and all really well with some string wax. It would never wear off and break down and would lock out the water.

jerseyhunter 03-23-2003 04:14 AM

Use those for Hunting and get another set for Practice

titleist 03-23-2003 06:20 AM

Try a little heat on them. Low slow flame should get things loose!!

littleal 03-23-2003 07:47 AM

A little advice
I always coat my tip/broadhead threads with parafin wax before I screw them on the arrow
It repels water and lubricates at the same time
AL

Trushot_archer 03-23-2003 08:00 AM

I' d never thought of waxing them. That' s a great idea! You " old timers" are pretty handy to have around!:D;)[8D]

HuntingBry 03-23-2003 09:57 AM

In addition to banging them you could put a little liquid wrench on them and that may loosen them up.

BOW-NUT 03-23-2003 10:36 AM

use a little hot water to heat the shaft and insert it will do the trick run hot water for a minite or two and they will loosen right up

kodiakhuntmaster 03-23-2003 05:32 PM

I had the same problem with some old arrows I found in the shed. I ran some coke a cola over them (the acid in it eats rust and stuff, you can use it to get corrosion off of car batteries too) and then soaked them in it for a minute or too. That was enough for a few of them. The others I soaked in vinegar for about 5 minutes. That got them.