Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 back yard hunter >

back yard hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

back yard hunter

Old 10-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default back yard hunter

GMMAT 's post where there is a barn in the back ground got me thinking about a spot i have where i can see the nieghbors horse field. I have several good spots for deer that are in small acre areas that i hunt. It works great useing a bow because no one else is hunting them there. How many of you go for the back yard bucks as well
Old 10-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: back yard hunter

I hunttwospots that I can see up to six houses from the stand. I see lots of deer and have good success from those spots. It did take a little getting used to, hearing all of the activity of the neighborhood. (people talking, dogs barking anddoors slaming) But if you can deal with that you can have some great hunting.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the aerial of the area I was hunting. I hunt some "back yard bucks"....and both of my 8 pointers were taken where depicted.

You can see the blue roofed barn from the pic Rhody references in the back of the horse pasture.

I just figured it up.....and of the land I have permission to hunt (+/- 250 acres).....there are exactly6 inhabited dwellings. 4 of those dwellings comprise55 acres of hunting land. One is on 20 acres......and the last is on the 150+ acre lot. I've taken (so far in 08)two does from the 150+ acre plot....and one off a 25 acre plot that abuts a 15 acre plot (the horse pasture/barn plot).

[img]local://86983/0384EC9472404E2285

Old 10-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst823_This-Week-in-Review.aspx

Check out the last video, "Ben's 864 Stand" The first 15 minutes of the sit we watched a horse riding lesson. We saw some does that night and on Saturday I passed on a doe and saw 7 more. I know there is a buck that visits the apple tree, I have trail cam video of that. Good post. I have several other backyard, including one that I have sat in since I was a child, that I have watched houses being built in the field, and seen how the deer just adapt to it. Interesting.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 AM

alot of times small pieces contain big bucks, since no one bothers them. I am one who enjoys them for bow hunting. However, it seems someone else thinks they can share my spot and it is not sitting very well with me.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like some of these spots it funnels them through a tight area. it is weird to hear all the neighborhood activity
Old 10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two stands here, where the yellow and the white dots are. I go by, talk to the owner, then head into the field
Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt have 2 stands in a small wodlot 250 yds from my back yard
And I hunt Urban deer out of a tree fort in a freinds back yard
150' from his back door

OK the urban deer stand , I can only take doe's
But it is still a nice place to hunt

Johnch
Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every spot I have hunted this year... I have been able to see a house. In one spot (where I bonked on that doe) I could have peed into the driveway, and there were two houses closer to ME than the deer was (of course I was shooting away from them.... and I was there at the encouragement of the homeowners who cannot grow anything in their yards).

Place I hunted yesterday was right behind a friends house, and he shot a bruiser there on opening day this year. Family owns like 12 acres.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have many back yard spots. Nothing wrong with that.

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: back yard hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.