Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone setup right next to my tree stand >

Someone setup right next to my tree stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone setup right next to my tree stand

Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone setup right next to my tree stand

I put my tree stand up back in August and started with a salt block and camera to scout the area.
The last time i checked salt blocks were illegal to use in michigan.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're lucky, no one will find out you used your position to track this guy down. At the least it willend up witha suspension. Not worth it, find someplace else next time.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Bit immature to me. I hunted public land and semi private land all my life. My friends always asked me why I get up so early to hunt......first come first serve. If someone takes your good spot... you find another one or beat them in the woods. Respect is exactly that.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

man thats sucks
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

My position as a cop has nothing to do with this. By "digging" I meant calling some other hunters I know and finding this guys name out. I called him on the phone and we talked from one hunter to another. He agreed to move his stand and said he put it up without noticing mine. He has every right to be there the same as me. Most hunters around here are respectful enough to not set up right on top of someone who is already there. I would never do that to anyone. Now that all the haters know the truth, do you still think I acted inappropriately? If so I will come set up my stand thirty yards from you, walk in right at prime time and then we can wave to each other from our trees.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

mi_fiveo - Was trying not to jump on you but, this statement had me thinking the other way. Have to admit it looks like you were going to play dirty to get public land all to yourself.

Glad to hear you both seem like respectful hunters.

ORIGINAL: mi_fiveo

I'm a cop and could have nailed him for a few things but I would much rather handle it this way. Hopefully problem solved.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: c_str

Now I don't think they can use your tree stand, but they can certainly stand right next to your stand, if they get there first.

Sorry man but that is what public land is. Maybe your state has different rules/laws regarding stand usage etc.

Actually, in Michigan, if you leave your treestand on state land, it is legal for someone else to use it - as long as you're not in it. This is according to the 2008 Hunting Trapping Guide:"If you hunt on public land, your tree stand must be portable and your name and address must be affixed in legible English that can be easily read from the ground. Your name on a tree stand or ground blind on public land does not guarantee exclusive use."

I wouldn't do it, but that's the law!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: finner

The last time i checked salt blocks were illegal to use in michigan.
Baiting and the use of salt blocks have been banned in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan; however, there are still areas in the Upper Peninsula which remain open to both.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Salt blocks and baiting are still legal in the "UP". The trolls lost their baiting this year.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 AM

ya i can sit in my stand and usually see at leas one other person in a stand. Not to mention the people walking around.

Quick Reply: Someone setup right next to my tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.