HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Someone setup right next to my tree stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267631-someone-setup-right-next-my-tree-stand.html)

Huntinman23 10-12-2008 10:15 AM

RE: Someone setup right next to my tree stand

sorry to hear that man but that is a part of hunting public land.
[align=left] [/align]

mi_fiveo 10-12-2008 10:38 AM

I did some digging this morning and found his cell number. I called and expalined things to him. He is going to be taking the stand down today. I will not hunt that area for probably a week to let it settle down. I'm a cop and could have nailed him for a few things but I would much rather handle it this way. Hopefully problem solved.

Huntinman23 10-12-2008 10:53 AM

im glad you handles things i hope you stick a good one this year
[align=left] [/align]

reckling42 10-12-2008 11:12 AM

Im also hunting on private land in MI. What county are you in if you do not mind me asking?

lifesadrag 10-12-2008 02:34 PM

That guy's probably not doing anything wrong. I pretty much hunt onlypublic land and it's first come first serve. Why should someone that puts a stand up have exclusive rights to the area? Anyway good luck with the situation.

bigtim6656 10-12-2008 06:53 PM

i ant takeing that stand down great area someone is already baiting it by there stand. Atleast i did not take yours.

Just joking i kno whow you feel had someone hunt from my stand. public land or not there is a thing called respect.

Rickmur 10-13-2008 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: mi_fiveo

I did some digging this morning and found his cell number. I called and expalined things to him. He is going to be taking the stand down today. I will not hunt that area for probably a week to let it settle down. I'm a cop and could have nailed him for a few things but I would much rather handle it this way. Hopefully problem solved.
A little improper digging might I ask? You seem to forget that you are on public land. I would have moved closer to you instead of taking it down if you pulled that digging scheme on me. You both are wrong for trying to claim a piece of public land. Trying to force yourself usually doesn't work, at least with me it doesn't.

Campbery 10-13-2008 05:50 AM

I'm a cop and could have nailed him for a few things but I would much rather handle it this way

So you used your position as a cop to intimidate a fellow hunter off public land?

Austin/WI 10-13-2008 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Campbery

I'm a cop and could have nailed him for a few things but I would much rather handle it this way

So you used your position as a cop to intimidate a fellow hunter off public land?

oh boy, this could get ugly

demoIL 10-13-2008 06:27 AM

Hey can I have some of that popcorn?? lol

Part of hunting public ground, sorry about the luck...

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: Campbery

oh boy, this could get ugly