Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone use a tree umbrella? >

Anyone use a tree umbrella?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use a tree umbrella?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone use a tree umbrella?

I know... I know it sounds stupid. I thought the same thing. I looked at them in the stores and kinda laughed. Then my daughters boyfriend said his father uses one all the time. So....... I bought one 2 years ago. Less than 5 min to set up and when it rains you can just sit there and stay dry. When I'm on the ground during rifle season, I set it high enough to stand under and then can sit on a bucket or a folding chair. Makes staying out in the rain all day much easier. I bought another, now I have 2
Old 10-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use a tree umbrella?

I just got one this season . used it the other day when a light rain came in ,worked great. worth having it around
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had one for years. Never shot anything from under it. But at least I am out there and dry.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea they work great except in hard rain with high winds.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM

They are a beautiful thing. I shot my turkey this year while sitting under one. Started raining just as I got to my hunting spot at 5:30am. Rained and sometimes poured steadyuntil 9:30am. Sun came out. Turkeys came out. Dead turkey at 10:30am. I was dry.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Yup, I've had one, well several, over the last 25 years or so.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's the deal with a tree umbrella.....

EVERYbody's hardcore.....until it starts raining. Then....it becomes a good day to floss the neighbor's cat's teeth. I know I used to HATE sitting in the rain. Now....I use it to my advantage. I'll go out there BEFORE it stops.....and when it stops and they're moving.....I'm already set up.

Hard rains? I just don't hunt. Light rains? I'm hunting. WOuld I do that without the tree umbrella? Honest answer?? Probably......not
Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine, in fact I remember how cool it was the first time I was siting under in a steady rain and was completely dry. It was likeenjoying the woods for the first time all over again.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have used one for years.

Had to create a new screw-in rod since the one that came with it was just not industrial strength enough for me.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

I like them other than the fact, they always tear up quickly.I have to get a new one every other year on average, sometimes yearly. I've got some pretty good rain gear now and I don't use it as much but I still pack it if its gonna be rainy.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a tree umbrella?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.