Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How are you NY guys holding up? >

How are you NY guys holding up?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How are you NY guys holding up?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Default How are you NY guys holding up?

October 18th can't come soon enough, We just have to survive 1 more week. Then we can show the rest of the world that NY holds the biggest bucks.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How are you NY guys holding up?

It sucks having to wait this long. I'm ready!!!!! I just got back fromone of the spots Iam going to hunt and The land owner told me don't shoot any doe's [:@].this will be my second year hunting there and have not shot a doe there yet so I hope it doesn't come into play. I know I don't have any monster buck's where I can hunt but big enough for me to shoot. Nothing smaller than a 6 point until the last day LOL.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Holding up well as I have get to hunt PA until NY starts. I will be posting up the new grounds this weekend (in between hunts) and hangin' my stands...

Really look forward to hunting those big WNY bucks for sure. Love the opportunity to hunt Sunday as well
Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Man I'm ready to sit in a tree ASAP. Hopefully the deer are gonna cooperate this year. Got a couple nice bucks that gave me the slip last year, nobody got em that I know of...so if they're still hangin around this year hopefully they give me a better shot opportunity than last year.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, northern zone bow season ENDS this week. While I am ready to pick up my rifle, northern bow season is NOT long enough.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't forget about us Florida guys. Ours also starts on the 18th.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if I'll make it through the week [8D]. I had to stop scouting/spotting deer a week ago. I was seeing some bucks (one in particular) that were just torturing me on purpose. I'd wake up in cold sweats [:-]. I don't think I've ever been so ready and prepared in my life. Now I just need the calendar to move ahead one week.

p.s. A lot of scrapes and rubs popping up all over the place too.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Next Saturday it is show time! I have so many stands out I need to make a list so I don't forget any.It needs to get colder though!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, in the Northern Tier we had our 17 day season. It ended yesterday. The weather has sucked for most of it. Rained 5 days last week. It's turned warm and crappy. This morning the muzzleloaders were going off all around me. I did see a doe and fawn but didn't want them. I'm fortunate, I'm only 1/2 mile from the Southern Tier line. I have permission to hunt a nice piece of land close to the house. I didn't hunt it last year but may wander over there some. I can always go down near Greene were there's lots of deer. BUT, the weather for the next 5 or 6 days is going to be very warm or raining. Before the season opened we had nights in the low 30 and highs of 50. Now it's blue bird weather. It was nice this morning but getting hot now.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I found at least at least two dozen scrapes and countless rubs, one is without a doubt a signpost rub...can't wait till Saturday

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I don't know if I'll make it through the week [8D]. I had to stop scouting/spotting deer a week ago. I was seeing some bucks (one in particular) that were just torturing me on purpose. I'd wake up in cold sweats [:-]. I don't think I've ever been so ready and prepared in my life. Now I just need the calendar to move ahead one week.

p.s. A lot of scrapes and rubs popping up all over the place too.

Quick Reply: How are you NY guys holding up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.