HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   IL hunters, Blaze Orange this Weekend! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267409-il-hunters-blaze-orange-weekend.html)

HNI_Christine 10-10-2008 10:17 AM

IL hunters, Blaze Orange this Weekend!

This weekend, Oct 11th, 12th is the youth shotgun season.

You have towearblaze orange even if you are bowhunting on private property. [:'(]

I read about tickets being issued for this, so don't forget!

YooperMike 10-10-2008 10:25 AM

RE: IL hunters, Blaze Orange this Weekend!

Dumbest thing in history IMO. I pretty much can't stand youth seasons during the regular seasons. Let the kiddies have first crack if you must, but do it before or after the general seasons.

Greg / MO 10-10-2008 10:38 AM

[:'(]

buttonbuckmaster 10-10-2008 10:59 AM

They really need to get the word out on this alot better. Some PSA's on the radio or something. I know its all about revenue $$, but I think this youth season would be supported much better if they let kids use their regular season shotgun permit. $15 for a 2 day tag in October when its usually very warm.....gee, where do I sign up?:eek:

PABrent 10-10-2008 11:37 AM

that sucks. PA does something like that and honestly it sucks

HNI_Christine 10-10-2008 01:57 PM

I don't mind the youth season being this weekend. I just think it bites that we have to wear blaze orange. I'm hunting on public land that isn't even open to the youth hunt and I still have to look like a pumpkin. It's apublicpark with joggers and hikers... and yet they don't have to wear orange. That seems kind of weird.

buckmaster 10-10-2008 02:05 PM

We have to do that here in VA... sort of,

If we choose to archery hunt during the General firearms season, we must be pumpkintized. Be it private or Public.

TEmbry 10-10-2008 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

This weekend, Oct 11th, 12th is the youth shotgun season.

You have towearblaze orange even if you are bowhunting on private property. [:'(]

I read about tickets being issued for this, so don't forget!
I guess Im in minority in the fact that i FAVOR this rule (Ky has same rules).

I support a youth firearm weekend, KY has two...one in Oct and one in late Dec...gives kids 15 and younger first and last crack at the deer froma gun hunters perspective.

Plus, with all the whacko's out there shooting at sounds and such, i dont care WHERE I am hunting, I want to make sure people can see me when guns are allowed. Just last year or the year before, cant remember exactly, a hunter was shot on his own private ground WHILE wearing hunter orange....just some irresponsible poacher:eek:(seems redundant)mistook him for a deer.

Gun hunters are very safe for the most part, but there are a few out there that I dont want to be anywhere near...and if I am, I want them to be good and certain that movement was blaze orange and from a human.

jmbuckhunter 10-10-2008 03:02 PM

I have my orange shorts and T-Shirt ready to go. It's supposed to be 85 friggin degrees herethis weekend.[:@][&:]

What happened to Fall???

Scott/IL 10-10-2008 05:12 PM

Yea this weather needs to change. Did get to watch a young 6 point a few nights ago chase a few does around a clover field. I guess the little guy didn't realize he wasn't supposed to be doing that for about 3 weeks.