Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!! >

I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 AM

Default I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!!

I shot the new X-Force SS bow today (only one the shop had) and I was very impressed with the feel of the bow. I can't say it was an apples to apples comparison (because it was the SS and not the Dream Season which I want to try), but the shop owners told me the feel is pretty much the same on all of them because they all have the same cams. Anyway, my complaints on the old X-Force was the lack of valley and the letoff (in defense of the bow, I only had it for about a week and the draw length was probably too long). The new X-Forces now have a valley, better letoff, and what appears to be a more accurate draw length. The bow feels so much more comfortable to hold.

I also shot the new Bowtechs as well. They are an improvement over the previous center pivots IMO with a better back wall and letoff. I didn't feel any vibration, but to me the Guardian I had still seemed more quiet. They will definitely be solid bows this year. That being said, they didn't overwhelm me enough to make me want to switch from my current setups (see signature). However, I think the new PSE's could. The SS I shot didn't have any vibration, and noise level felt pretty close to the Bowtechs IMO. With the new feel of the PSE's and added bonus of speed, it would be hard to pass on the new X-Force. I know I'm saving up for one right now.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!!

Your kidding right?Theres no way a X-force can compare to the new bowtechs in noise if they're quieter than the General as everyone says.... I cant say I havent shot either,but which bowtechs did you shoot?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 AM

I have to admit, the X-Force series bows are extremely quiet. I've yet to shoot one back to back against a General, but thet're awfully close.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 AM

I shot the Admiral, Captain, and Swat. I shot the PSE and the Bowtechs at different shops on the same day. So I didn't have a chance of a side by side comparison. It is also hard to compare noise levels because one shop had a very narrow shooting lane (PSE shop), and one had a very wide open shooting area (Bowtech). So noise levels will vary there as well. That being said, I still felt the Guardian I had was quieter than any of them. But then again, I have heavier wieght arrows on a setup bow. At the shops, they have bare bow with whatever weight arrow to shoot that isn't broken. I don't want this to turn in to a bow bashing at all. I have no brand loyalty, and I even said that the Bowtech were better this year and are a very solid bow. But I felt the PSE had just as little vibration, and noise level was comparative (maybe not quite as quiet, but not enough to make a difference as well). But the PSE had the added bonus of speed. Again, I also said that it was the SS bow as well. So I can't say that the regular X-Force or Dream Season will feel exactly the same. IMO they should feel better being heavier bows compared to the SS (weight should help with the noise and vibration).

To be honest, I sold my Guardian in anticipation of getting one of the new Bowtechs after seeing pictures and reading about them. I was impressed with the overall feel. I really like the letoff and back wall better on the new Bowtechs. But after shooting the PSE, they fixed everything I didn't like about the old X-Force (or so it seems only based off of thefeelof the SS). So if theX-Force and Dream Season feel anything like the SS does, I'm definitely going after theX-Force with the bonus of speed.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been a PSE fan over a Bowtech so I would choose the X-Force in a heart beat. Plus they aint ugly like Bowtechs are.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Your kidding right?Theres no way a X-force can compare to the new bowtechs in noise if they're quieter than the General as everyone says.... I cant say I havent shot either,but which bowtechs did you shoot?
Aaron I know you're a bowtech fanboy(I own a diamond), but knock these PSE's I love mine.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

I've always been a PSE fan over a Bowtech so I would choose the X-Force in a heart beat. Plus they aint ugly like Bowtechs are.
I think the new Bowtechs are nice looking bows. Like I said, I had my Guardian up for sale within a couple of weeks after seeing the pictures and reading about them (in anticipation of getting one). I shot them, and I definitely like the feel of them and wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I was in the market. But they just didn't say to me "sell yourremaining bows and come buy me". However, the new PSE did. Again, it was the SS. If the GXand Dream Season have the same feel, then they are calling to me. To me last years X-Force wasn't comfortable to shoot, but this year they appear that they might be. So it would be hard to pass on a speed bow that is vibration free, relatively quiet, and COMFORTABLE. And the looks have really grown on me as well.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

I've always been a PSE fan over a Bowtech so I would choose the X-Force in a heart beat. Plus they ain't ugly like Bowtechs are.
LMAO!! You have got to be kidding me! lol I hate the way the X-Forces look, and I absolutely LOVE the way them Bowtechs look.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

First yearshooting a PSE. I love my X Force. I shot the Hoyts,Bowtechs, and the X Force felt the best, and oh yeah, it did a number on this Doe.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 AM

I shot the Admiral andan '08 X-Force side by side Thrusday.

The Admiral: Very quiet, and hardly any hand shock or vibration to speak of.

The X-Force: Very quiet, but it felt like I had my phone in my hand and I just got a text. The hand shock was ridiculous. No Thanks[:'(]

Quick Reply: I Shot One of the New '09 X-Forces !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.