Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 October 1st Doe. >

October 1st Doe.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

October 1st Doe.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 AM

Default October 1st Doe.

Well the day started out bad. I get half way to the woods and realized I had left my boots sitting on the porch. Luckly my dad lives 2 miles from the farm we hunt, so I swung by thereand grabbed a pair of his. Then on the way to woods my dad calls and asks if i can swing by the new stand we had just put up a few days earlier and do some adjustmenst on it. Finally get into the woods and reached his stand. By time Im finished with the adjustments its 3:45. I figured what the heck and just stayed in the stand.

About half an hour later the wind picks up. Im thinking oh great as i sway back and forth in the tree. 6:30 rolls around and i thought i heard something in front of me. I looked and to my surprise a doe steps out of the bushes to my right. She is within 5 yards of the stand. Im thinking im busted if i draw cause there is no cover between me and her. She continues to graze and I go ahead and draw back. She never even looks up from grazing. Settled the 10 yard pin a little low and let the arrow fly. The arrow knocked her off her feet. she does some kind of half gainer thing and then runs in about a 10 yard circle and expires.

The shot, being 25 feet in the air and she being about 4-5 yards away was little high but took out the top of one lung and the bottom of the other. The worst thing about the trip was the drag. about a mile walk back to the truck through standing corn. Usually I can drive back through the fields but with corn there is no possible way that is going to happen. I waited so long to post because my wife lost the cable to our digital camera and I know how much of a no no it is to post a kill without a picture. ( by the way I used to belong to this site under a different name, but couldnt remember the password to my old email address.)

Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: October 1st Doe.

Congrats
Old 10-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: October 1st Doe.

Congrats. That is a nice doe...