HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hard Decision, but had to bail on my trip. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267299-hard-decision-but-had-bail-my-trip.html)

elkhuntinut 10-09-2008 05:42 PM

Hard Decision, but had to bail on my trip.

For the first time in my life I had to bail ona whitetail DIY hunt in South Dakota. This was a trip that I was invited by some friends and would of been my first whitetail trip to South Dakota. I was really looking forward to going and relaxing. I work for an Investment Firm for a large Regional Bank (which by the way is positioned well)and with all that is going on in the world of Finance I felt it was better that I be here to answer questions and concerns than being 20 hours away with no phone, deer hunting.

Tough decision, but I will be lurking around here in the evenings this coming week.

Germ 10-09-2008 05:46 PM

RE: Hard Decision, but had to bail on my trip.

What bank, I just look at my IRA:D I can retire when I am 150 now[:-]

elkhuntinut 10-09-2008 05:53 PM

Once the short sellers leave this market, you may be able to shave off 50 years from your target date.:D

virginiashadow 10-09-2008 06:06 PM

elk--I respect your decision. Things are hard for us in county government here as well. They are shaving 33% of our overall budget here in the upcoming months. 4 million in social services alone. My planned 3 week vacation in November may be short lived due to no funds to pay anyone to work my shifts.

elkhuntinut 10-09-2008 06:15 PM

The good news is at least I have a job and that I can enjoy the hunting here in PA & in NY.

We will all have to make some sacrifice at some point.

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

elk--I respect your decision. Things are hard for us in county government here as well. They are shaving 33% of our overall budget here in the upcoming months. 4 million in social services alone. My planned 3 week vacation in November may be short lived due to no funds to pay anyone to work my shifts.

Carpmaster 10-09-2008 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

What bank, I just look at my IRA:D I can retire when I am 150 now[:-]
No joke! I losttoo much!this week :(

Carpmaster 10-09-2008 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

For the first time in my life I had to bail ona whitetail DIY hunt in South Dakota. This was a trip that I was invited by some friends and would of been my first whitetail trip to South Dakota. I was really looking forward to going and relaxing. I work for an Investment Firm for a large Regional Bank (which by the way is positioned well)and with all that is going on in the world of Finance I felt it was better that I be here to answer questions and concerns than being 20 hours away with no phone, deer hunting.

Tough decision, but I will be lurking around here in the evenings this coming week.

If you feel that was the right decision, then you made the right decision!

elkhuntinut 10-10-2008 05:12 AM

That's the hard part, not sure if I will ever know that.

But I do feel that I would of not enjoyed the trip 100%

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

If you feel that was the right decision, then you made the right decision!

txjourneyman 10-10-2008 05:46 AM

I think that was a good move. Your clients at the bank will be much more comfortable with you around to answer questions. They may not have been too happy if you weren't there when the chips ,(and stocks), are down. My retirement fund is in real estate securities and not the stock market. I feel like a genius. ( I got really lucky).