Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TreeWalker Treestands/Equalizer Stands >

TreeWalker Treestands/Equalizer Stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TreeWalker Treestands/Equalizer Stands

Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TreeWalker Treestands

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I just took a look at the Equalizer and must say I'm kinda impressed, but I wanna know from you guys that own it how does that leveling system work in reality?
Absolutely it works flawlessly. I still start the stand with a little slant up just to reduce the amount of cranking I have to do, but the thing is exactly as advertised. When you cinch up the straps once you get to your height it becomes rock solid.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not too sure about that Treewalker. I've owned the "bolt through" styles before. They tend to be loud and a pain in the but to put on the tree.

I just got a Summit Titan and it is sooooooo comfy. Attaching it to the tree was very quick and very quiet. I like how the Summit's are all welded too...makes for a quiet and solid stand.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM

The Treewalkers look ok. I have a Lone Wolf hand climber and absolutely love it. Very quiet and very solid and I do use it for all day sits.If I wasn't using the Lone Wolf I would definately go with the Equalizer.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:05 PM

I also don't like that type of cable lock system. I would stray away from pins they are quite a hassle in the dark. Not a big fan of the seating I would much rather choose a new summit but than again... I did
Old 10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

I watched the video on the equalizer stand website...I can't seem to grasp the concept as to why you would set it up at an angle and not straight if it has the geared leveling feature
Old 10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

How quiet is the frame of that Equalizer stand? One thing that would concern me about the square tubing is that metal on metal contact or just hitting it with my bow would make a loud noise. Is there any sound dampening on their stand?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the treewalker this year and I have been nothing but impressed so far. I am 6'2 and 235 and the stand has ample room. The picture does not due justice to the amount of room the stand has. I did not buy the chill pad and also have no complaints about the web seat. I am a very satisfied customer.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been debating all year about picking one of these treestands up! I first saw one last year at the Harrisburg Pa outdoor show and kicked myself in the butt for not picking one up then because of the great price they were offering them for!! They truly to me look like a very nice stand!!

One DOWNFALL so far I have found....there Customer Service is not the best!! I emailed them a couple/few times asking a couple questions I had about the stands, accessories, etc... and it took them a long while to get back with me!!
Then by that time the extra cash I had burning a hole in my pocket done burnt itself up on other stuff so I never even responded back to them.

Although next year I WILL be taking a couple extra dollars with me to the show and if they are there I MAY end up taking one home!!!!

Good Luck!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I watched the video on the equalizer stand website...I can't seem to grasp the concept as to why you would set it up at an angle and not straight if it has the geared leveling feature

You can start level if you want to, but just about every tree has some taper, so you start on a small angle to reduce the amount of cranking. The leveling feature is the best!

Jeramy, never had an issue with noise.