Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9. >

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

Why was Quicksilver hunting by you
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Spike

What would "NUGE" do???
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Flboarhunter

What would "NUGE" do???
Hell, by the way the guy acted it may have been the Nuge.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call the police so they can be advised there is someone who sounds unstable running around the woods with a handgun. How would you feel if someone else went out there and got shot, and you had not reported it?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

You've gotta report it. And next trip in I'd be packin a pistol myself. It's legal now to bowhunt in PA and carry a handgun with a CCW permit
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I wouldnt know what to do either. Those guys give hunters a bad name.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Next time you see him, get down out of the tree, walk up to him, and PUNCH HIM IN THE SACK.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I totally disagree and would have called the cops. By leaving and letting that place go, he wins and that was his entire agenda. You could have described him to the cops as you sat there and he walked around cursing. He would have seen your phone and probably high tailed it out of there. If you have a right to be there and he doesn't, your simply letting that moron win and that's a shame.
Yep ex actually rob. You have to do something. Or next time this guy may shoot someone. If he has no problem pulling a gun, it won't take him much to possibly bring it to the next level. I mean if he kills someone and you could have stopped it from happening, how is that going to make you feel? If you go to the cops, they aren't going to look at you like your an idiot. You have no reason to lie. Maybe they can hang out there and look for him if he comes back.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 PM

In that situation I would have called the cops. I mean at least they would have a chance of spotting someone walking out of the woods. Being a Deputy I have always carried a my off duty weapon while hunting for that simple reason. You never know who or what you are going to run into. I encourage those who live in states that allow CCW permits to take advantage of it. In that situation, something needs to be done. What happens next time when this happens to someone else and they end up getting hurt. Not saying they would find him but at least they would be aware of someone is out there doing those things.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Since when did we become this pitiful neutered society where everyone is SOOOOOOOOO afraid of what the crazy person MIGHT do if we call the police /cause "problems" or turn them in?!
It's really quite sad that being afraid of retaliation empowers people like this to do whatever they want.

Who's to say he doesn't go out the same night and rob a convenience store with that gun and shoot the clerk?

For the love of God people get a pair, stand up for yourselves and do the right thing.
Brandishing a firearm at another person in PA is a SERIOUS crime.

The second the gun came out 911 would have been called on the phone........."hey assclown, guess what I have the state police on the line, why don't you just hang loose til' they get here." He's going to SHOOT you over a broken bow and you hunting where he doesn't like? Get real. He's trying to bully you out of your spot which is exactly what he did.

So what are you going to do NEXT time you go in there? cower in fear at every twig snap?

Seriously what the frig happened to the United States?
I agree, but then again, this is an easy stance to have hundreds of miles away without a gun pointed at you. People react differently to different situations. Like you said, you cant fear retaliation by turning in criminals.

But, I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE would yell hey assclown i have the cops on the line to a whackjob pointing a pistol at you. Sorry, just dont buy it. Call cops yes, confront guy yes, tempt man pointing gun at you....no. While he most likely was trying to bully hunters out of an area, what if he was some doped up druggie? No one knows how that guy would react, something isnt right up in the noggin if he is walking around with a broken bow and pulling a pistol on people, why push the limits and see just how crazy the guy really is?
You don't know me very well I guess.
I just don't take kindly to someone trying to intimidate me, gun or not.
(Here's a hint too.........I keep .357 licensed reasons in my pack why nobody is going to pin me in a tree with a pistol)
In PA as I understand it you have to have a reasonable ability to retreat from such a situation.
If you are stuck up a tree with nowhere to go and someone is waving a gun at you? Got news for you.........if you truly feel threatened for your life you can shoot the guy.
IF you don't feel that level of threat then you should have the ability to push 3 little cell phone buttons and call the police.
If you've done neither you are either very easily scared, or exaggerating the level of threat.

You mean to tell me if you REALLY feel threatened by this individual you are going to do NOTHING? and hope he and the situation goes away and you'll come back some other happy sunshiny day to hunt there? LOL

This is 21st century central Pa we're talking about not the19th centuryfrontier America where we have to worry about outlaws and mask bandits. The guy has a home somewhere and a life and he needs to be behind bars.

Stick up for yourself and call the cops even if it's after the fact.
Whether he realizes it or not, he was violated and had a crime commited against him, and a serious one at that. This wouldn't be taken lightly by the police.

My order of events in that tree would have been:

-Ask the guy what the hell he was doing........in some terms, choose whatever words you like (Maybe I wouldn't have called the gunweilding guy an assclown but I'd sure be thinking it. LOL)
-Cell phone in the other hand 911 dialed and finger over the SEND button
-The secondthe gun came out 911 would be dialed and my .357 would be in my right hand.(Not pointed at the guy or even visible unless I felt truly ready to kill someone in defense of my life..........waving you're own weapon could make a bad situation worse)
-I would advise the 911 dispatcher of my location with a description of the events as they are unfolding and inform 911 that I am licensed to carry and armed myself.
-With the footnote that they might want to hurry.

We have a 2nd amendment for a reason...we now have the right to carry a licensed concealed weapon as a bowhunter in PA for a reason.

Seems like today you're either someone willing to stand upto people who belong in jail...........or you're a victim.

Quick Reply: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.