Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9. >

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

Like others have said, you need to call the cops.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would talk to your neighbor who is a cop right away. He will have a vested interest in someone brandishing a sidearm in his neighborhood. Then get an official police report made up. Just think how you'll feel if he actually shoots someone and you did nothing.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since when did we become this pitiful neutered society where everyone is SOOOOOOOOO afraid of what the crazy person MIGHT do if we call the police /cause "problems" or turn them in?!
It's really quite sad that being afraid of retaliation empowers people like this to do whatever they want.

Who's to say he doesn't go out the same night and rob a convenience store with that gun and shoot the clerk?

For the love of God people get a pair, stand up for yourselves and do the right thing.
Brandishing a firearm at another person in PA is a SERIOUS crime.

The second the gun came out 911 would have been called on the phone........."hey assclown, guess what I have the state police on the line, why don't you just hang loose til' they get here." He's going to SHOOT you over a broken bow and you hunting where he doesn't like? Get real. He's trying to bully you out of your spot which is exactly what he did.

So what are you going to do NEXT time you go in there? cower in fear at every twig snap?

Seriously what the frig happened to the United States?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

im sorry, i didnt even see you there, you must have been wearing that new ultimate camo or something...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

in all seriousness, you need to talk to the authorities, thats bullshi&
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Since when did we become this pitiful neutered society where everyone is SOOOOOOOOO afraid of what the crazy person MIGHT do if we call the police /cause "problems" or turn them in?!
It's really quite sad that being afraid of retaliation empowers people like this to do whatever they want.

Who's to say he doesn't go out the same night and rob a convenience store with that gun and shoot the clerk?

For the love of God people get a pair, stand up for yourselves and do the right thing.

The second the gun came out 911 would have been called on the phone........."hey assclown, guess what I have the state police on the line, why don't you just hang loose til' they get here." He's going to SHOOT you over a broken bow and you hunting where he doesn't like? Get real. He's trying to bully you out of your spot which is exactly what he did.

So what are you going to do NEXT time you go in there? cower in fear at every twig snap?

I agree, but then again, this is an easy stance to have hundreds of miles away without a gun pointed at you. People react differently to different situations. Like you said, you cant fear retaliation by turning in criminals.

But, I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE would yell hey assclown i have the cops on the line to a whackjob pointing a pistol at you. Sorry, just dont buy it. Call cops yes, confront guy yes, tempt man pointing gun at you....no. While he most likely was trying to bully hunters out of an area, what if he was some doped up druggie? No one knows how that guy would react, something isnt right up in the noggin if he is walking around with a broken bow and pulling a pistol on people, why push the limits and see just how crazy the guy really is?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 AM

you are the one who saw the bobcat eat the squirrel too right? You have had one crazy week. At least you are never bored .
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM

should have shot and pinned his foot to the ground with your arrow, THEN called the cops, they could have walked up to him and got the discription...hahah
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Easy big shooter ...

You say not calling the police is gutless,butit's just the opposite where I live.Getting the law involvedwill just get your cabin burned to the ground. Has happened many times ...

The situation would bedealt withappropriatelybut the cops would be a last resort.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Drawing a sidearm is an act of aggression and should be dealt with accordingly.

The moment he drew that pistol, he became a direct threat, especially because he was handling said firearm in what you describe as a "disorderly manner"...Add in the fact that he appeared ot be un-stable at this time....

You had a weapon....so why is this outcome not a different one ? I'm rather puzzled here.....flabbergasted, actually.
What are you saying?? Are you trying to suggest thatthe OPshould have USED the weapon he had?? Fire an arrow at thenut case? I hope that's not the outcome you are advocating.

Imagine it...you're up in a tree with a bow. There is a guy on the ground with a gun. You feel threatened by guy on ground, and decide to use your weapon on him. Anything less than an absolutely perfectly lethal arrow shot, and you are in sad shape. Guy with gun is going to shoot you dead and watch you hang from your safety harness.

LOL, I suspect that a phone call to thecops wouldbe a better course of action. Instead of bringing a bow to a gunfight, it would probablybe better to not start a gunfight.

Quick Reply: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.