Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9. >

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

I wouldn't be afraid to call 911 on anything like that. If the 911 dispatcher deems it a non-emergeny they will forward your call to the appropriate person. Ive had to call 311 (the non-emergeny # where I live) and more times than not they transfer me over to a 911 dispatcher. Sometimes 911 is the best number to call, unless it is something stupid like a cat in the road, they won't be afraid to help, trust me.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

good job on calling tho it should have been done sooner. that is some crazy stuff though!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Spike

lad you made the call! Next time call IMEDIATLY! A man pointing a weapon would have drawn the attention of a lot of LEO's, and he probably would have been caught right there. I personally would find a new place to hunt, but if you go back out there, be prepared to defend yourself in case something else happens. Good luck!
yea, with most cell phones these days, there is e-911, which is kind of like GPS, which i think is on by default in most cases. if you are on the line with 911, and they hear a gunshot you can pretty much be sure some assistance will be around, at least the general vicinity, which would be useful in the event of being shot.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

I believe that would fall under the assault with a deadly weapon category. Learned about it in school. Its a felony, with up to 4 years.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Glad you made the call! Next time call IMEDIATLY! A man pointing a weapon would have drawn the attention of a lot of LEO's, and he probably would have been caught right there. I personally would find a new place to hunt, but if you go back out there, be prepared to defend yourself in case something else happens. Good luck!

Calling did little to nothing.People now believe that calling is the answer, it's only one part. When people like this know that doing something so stupid will get them a like response, they will stop. Calling the police won't do it. If it did...

Let's say you were prepare to stop this person and when people have to do it they will as the history of our nation proves, this man would be learning that this kind of behavior is very stupid and you maybe saving a life, not just your own. It's a lot to ask of an 18 year old true enough, but your country would ask it of you at that age.

It's a wake up call. You goning to hit the snooze button?

I'm not saying run out and by a gun, I'm saying be ***pre***pared*** to defend yourself and others. One is being as irresponsible as this moron, the other is the complete opposite.

So for the rest of us here, how many times will this story need to be retold by others before we advocate our role as home land defenders? As bowhunters were apply qualified for the most part. We need to look at our targets up close and make sure of the shot. That aint the description of someone with a hair trigger or irresponsible.
nodog, hungover this morning? Still drunk? Maybe a little sleepy? I am all for homeland defense, but our law enforcement is around to take care of crazy folks running around with weapons. No one knows how they would deal with a situation like this until it happens. Unless you have had formal training on dealing with people like this, it is best to let the law deal with them. All of us can say hypothetically what we would do, but until you are in this position, you dont know.
Training? I think that is what I was talking about. No one knows who isn't trained! Training ones self is the responsibility of mature people. As far as the rest of the crap you were insinuating, it don't bother me. The fact that we don't advocate training is the problem and if you don't know, the law has no ***legal*** obligation to protect anyone.

I'll cut you some slack since your new here. Aspects of this conversation have been discused before and some have tried to portray those who feel the need to be protectiveas pansies or in your case drunk/hungover. That don't bother me either. (I know how I'm writing andI do it for a reason)

It's a simple question, just put a number to it. 5 times, 10 times, 20 times? Point is these kinds of things are going to keep coming and I'll leave it go until the number is reached, but after that...
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM

Is there even any deer in those woods? With that park next door to it and all the stuff you put in other posts.
I just wonder if it is worth your time to be in that area. just my 2 cents
but all in all you did the right thing calling the police. I would have done something different but I was not in your
shoes.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Training begins with education. There is a topic in this page of information I'd have rathered was put some where else. If your mature enough to deal with the subject it is valubale. The vast majority has to do with the history of this countries self defense laws for it's citizens. You will not be able to read it quickly and starting it with the understanding that it can and most likely will take years is best.

A friends dad died recently who was well into his 90's, he never stopped educating himself. On his last trip to a care facility a few days before his death my friend told me he was checking thimgs out. A facinating man. Respect your mother and father, you'll live longer.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/primary.html
Old 10-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunt with a buddy, don't give up the spot due to this fruitcake. Use 2 way radios and find someone to hunt with.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:28 AM

Ok, in NY that could be aggravated harassment, menacing, or several other misdemeanors...plus most likely criminal possession of a firearm. Don't ever be afraid to call the police. Do it immediately. If it isn't an emergency then call the public line. You wouldn't believe the calls we get at the sheriff's where I work. We had one lady who wanted the neighbor kids arrested for sexual harassment. These were Amish kids mind you. She said they stared at her when she went outside to hang laundry and get the mail...when asked why they would do that, she said because she was only wearing a bra!!!!! HMMMM, wonder why they stared!!!

Even if it wasn't that bad of an incident, call anyway, that way it is at least on file. If someone else reported something similar and had a description, now they can get the guy. If ya don't want a cop in your driveway, go to the station and give a report. They will work with you.

I'm glad that you did end up calling, that was good. Next time call ASAP tho. They could have deployed the K9 unit and maybe found the guy. And if he was mental with a gun, he'd end up with steel bracelets and a totrip the the 3rd floor of the psyche ward!

Good luck with future hunting!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM

hey ryan... what part of central PA were you hunting in?