Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

Old 10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

Glad this is multiple choice because I am one that can't stand him and this poll is seriously GAY.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lot of respect for him just because the calm and ethical way in which he promotes hunting and supports what we all love to do. I know, like someone said, he isn't exactly the complete do it yourself hunter, but he is still the kind of guy that nonhunters and hunters can look to and respect because of the way they carry themselves.

p.s. Grown men still actually refer to things as "gay?" [&:] sheesh
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to add my own option:.... I vote:"Who the heck is Jackie Bushman?"
Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I have a lot of respect for him just because the calm and ethical way in which he promotes hunting and supports what we all love to do. I know, like someone said, he isn't exactly the complete do it yourself hunter, but he is still the kind of guy that nonhunters and hunters can look to and respect because of the way they carry themselves.

p.s. Grown men still actually refer to things as "gay?" [&:] sheesh
I believe that the "gay" option in a poll is something that the "Undisputed King of Archery" threw into the mix and it just sorta caught on.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Spike

I had a friend who met him at the Iowa Whitetail Classic a few years back. My buddy does a lot of videoing for different companies, so he wasn't just some guy looking for an autograph. He said Jackie treated him like a piece of dirt and acted like my friend knew absolutley nothing about hunting or video. He said after about 15 minutes he just got up and walked away. He was so mad he could have hit him. Come on, the guy was a tennis pro, that should tell you something.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't ever paid enough attention to one of his shows. I have watched some pieces but found them to be fairly boring. There are many other hunting shows that seem more entertaining to me.

Also, the constant advertising gets old. This is a reason I have started drifting away from the Drury boys. It seems like every10 seconds they are telling me to shoot a PSE. I think they are great hunters from the past videos where they almost document their season.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

RE: Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?
Logged in as: wahoohunter
ORIGINAL: Meansy67

I had a friend who met him at the Iowa Whitetail Classic a few years back. My buddy does a lot of videoing for different companies, so he wasn't just some guy looking for an autograph. He said Jackie treated him like a piece of dirt and acted like my friend knew absolutely nothing about hunting or video. He said after about 15 minutes he just got up and walked away. He was so mad he could have hit him. Come on, the guy was a tennis pro, that should tell you something.
Wow, that's odd. We've ran into him a couple of times and he was very friendly and approachable. He also seemed like the type of guy who would rather listen to you talk than he would tell you what he knows. Of course, some people get very intimidated when someone is telling them things, regardless of whether they know it already or not they don't think that that anyone should be able to tell them anything. Not sure him being a tennis pro has any relevance at all? One of the most agility and conditioning demanding sports, I'm really not sure how that plays into the picture.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

What about buddy Bill Jordan?....imho....theres a joke for ya
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

tells me it's "Buddy". Buddy goes into his pitch....
HEH, buddy called me too.[8D] I mistakenly signed up for afree 3 month trial membership....and boy did I regret that three months later... They literally called 10+ times a week, my cell phone at that, and it always was Buddy even though his voice regularly changed. I told them ATLEAST 7 times to never call this number again....ignore calls, answer and immediately hang up, tell them to get lost in worse words...it doesnt matter, they will continue to call, and to call, and to call. The last time I talked to one, I said if my name isnt out of their database by midnight that night, I was headin down to AL myself...+ a few other things...man was I steamin. Buddy always talks calm, and keeps talking after you say no thanks politely.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

What about buddy Bill Jordan?....imho....theres a joke for ya
Went from owning his own hunting shop in an old church to where he is now? Handwork and perseverance are never jokes in my book

Quick Reply: Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.