Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

I really dont like him since I saw him hunting a big monster buck and their was no tree's so he had them come in and put a telephone pole in for him to climb. That was the first and last episode of Buckmasters I've watched. Cept when they do the 3D shoot's.

Ryan.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

The show, magazines, constant telemarketing calls....not a fan at all.
totally agree with that!!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard he is a real jerk. I think he is corny.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Spike

I think he is a big GEEK!!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also, not me personally, but other people have been complaining about being harassed by BUCKMASTERS. Said they call like telemarketers, and even though you decline memebership, they call back later and threaten to turn you over to a collection agency or credit bureau. Again this hasnt happened to me personally, but I have been reading about him on a MISS. website and he has left a bad taste in their mouths.
Yep, this happened to me. The phone rings, the wfe answers and tells me it's "Buddy". Buddy goes into his pitch and I bite for a year membership. At renewal time "Billy" calls. I say no and then I get a bill anyway. I get a collection notice and I call anddispute it. I get more calls. It only stops when I explode on the phone, MF them and tell them I'm taking it to the State Attorney General (they invetigate dubious collection tactics)It finally stopped but what a pain in the arse they are.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The music from the show drives me NUTS!

I have been asubscriber for the last 3 years...and when my membership runs out next month, I can PROMISE you I won't renew. The membership was a gift. They said I signed up for an additional 5 years...6 months after I started the 3 year! Why would I renew that soon!! They even tried to sick their collection department on me! For NOTHING! They wanted money for a service the did not and would not be giving. They have been an absolute pain in the ass!!

Now I get Bow and Arrow and D&DH...great mags!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I can see I'm not the only one that's been dealing with there damn phone calls!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 PM

I mean he's ok. He's not somebody I go out of the way to watch. He's more of a comedian than hunter.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've met Jackie in person and he was a very kind and honest person. I attended a disabled life hunt when I was 13 with buckmasters in alabama. He was very personable and took time to talk to everyone and made you feel welcome. As far as there magazine and telamarketing scheme though i'm not fond of that at all. They called me non-stop last fall and everytime i'd tell them no. I was a member for years. I got a credit card statement for a 3yr membership when I didn't even join. I had to call the company and cancel payment. I was told I was 1 of 4 different people that they charged there account for a 3yr membership when they didn't even join. So watch yourself if you were a past member. [:@]
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had a top 3 least favorite personalities to watch he'd be one of them...........and the strongarm tactics the club takes with recruiting members and charging them for thinsg they don't want etc (well documented) further that opinion.

Quick Reply: Do you guys like Jackie Bushman?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.