Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Earth scent

Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Earth scent

Simply the best.......use it every time!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: loganw

To me, if you treestand hunt, when you put on the scented spray a deer is gonna walk by your stand and wonder what a big dirt clod is doing up in that tree. I have honeltly never used the stuff for that reason.
I really hope you are kidding? I'm pretty sure I don't smell like a dirt clod in the tree, LOL. If anything it will help mask human odors.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know you make a point, but I tell you one thing, ive had deer walk the exact path as me and not spook at all since I started wearing rubber boots and using fresh earth. It works.
ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

If earth scent worked to cover your scent thena deerwould never smell where you walked. Put your nose on the ground where you walk and what do you smell? Dirt.....A deer can smell the dirt and where you walked with no trouble at all. Dont fool yourself into thinking a couple squirts of earth scent will cover the scent you put out. It doesnt and it cant...period
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I use fresh earth scent cover scent and have my cloths in an air lock tub wiht fresh earth wafers in it. works great.
Me to for lots of years and it works Great!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 AM

Definitely use it. Why wouldn't you use every advantage you can when hunting. Masking scents are an advantage. To think a deer is going to think a dirt cloud is in a tree or smell your scent inside the earth is funny to think about. Wash, bag, spray...everyday!