Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods. >

this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 AM

Default RE: this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

I personally think it would be a once in a lifetime event to see a bobcat catch a squirrel. you need to bring a video camera with you when you head back to your spot.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 AM

I saw a bobcat last year while bowhunting, although i didnt get the shakes he got a little scared as i sent an arrow just under his chest. Man i thought i had it dead to rights, it looked like the arrow went right through him. I thinkhe jumped the string a little.... yeah that what happpenedcool thing is i know i didnt wound it as it bolted 30yds then stopped to look back like "what the hell was that" then it just walked away.....

Very cool experience, and i was kind of glad i didnt kill him, full mounts are very expensive....
Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Okay guys, ya'll hijacked this thread long enough.

my7, I've seen 2 bobcats in almost 30 years of bowhunting, that was an awesome night.

I've killed enough turkeys in my life but I still get excited every time I see them from my tree. Great evening, congratulations.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see everyone has kissed and made up!

7point.....what an awesome thing to see from the stand. I had a similar experience in NC last year. I was sitting there watching a bunch of doves feed in the corn when all of a sudden they all took off like a bunch of bats out of hell. I just happen to be watching this one particular dove. He got about 2 feet off the ground when a hawk flew in out of nowhere and POOOF...all I saw was feathers exploding everywhere and the hawk kept flying. I guess he was full for a while after dove meat for supper!

These types of experiences are some of the many reasons I love to hunt. Without hunting, I would never see the things in nature that I have seen. Kudos to you on a great night in the woods!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well your getting to be a better hunter if the little critters are not being spooked by you. On the other hand your still focus challenged, your there to hunt deer and you didn't pick up the one thatwas there and you made the classic mistake of letting something else cause you to spook one off.

Deer use confusion (things that draw a predators attention away) to move. Keep your eyes on the target next time and you might have a pic to go along with the story.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

good story 7pt... I love it when a flock of turkey comes in, I can watch them forever, they are very unique creatures...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Holy hijacked thread Batman.

My7point, that sounds like a great night in the woods to me. It's amazing that sometimes the best nights hunting are the ones where you never see a deer or take the bow off the hook. To see what you saw first hand is really cool. Think about this, there are people out there that are paid and spend countless hours to record what you saw so it can be put on TV. If you keep a journal of your hunts record that night in great detail because it will be one you come back to over and over. If you don't keep a journal, start one.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: rgargasz

I personally think it would be a once in a lifetime event to see a bobcat catch a squirrel. you need to bring a video camera with you when you head back to your spot.
I was thinking the same thing. I film a lot and to get something like that on film or just to see would be absolutey awesome. Great story!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good story my ex fellow teammate from last years Bow contest. What you seen the other day is what its all about if you ask me. Good Luck this season! BE safe!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

Well your getting to be a better hunter if the little critters are not being spooked by you. On the other hand your still focus challenged, your there to hunt deer and you didn't pick up the one thatwas there and you made the classic mistake of letting something else cause you to spook one off.

Deer use confusion (things that draw a predators attention away) to move. Keep your eyes on the target next time and you might have a pic to go along with the story.
It was wayyyy past dark when the deer thing happened, I couldnt see it anyhow, until it broke the laurel infront of me, It diddnt slip in till after dark.

Ryan

Quick Reply: this may be the craziest night I've ever spent in the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.