Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who shoots a Martin?? >

Who shoots a Martin??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who shoots a Martin??

Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who shoots a Martin??

I shoot a Bengal right now and before that i shot a Jaguar. Both bows are whisper quiet and very smooth, no fancy bells or whistles and that's how i like it.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Long story short...had to replace limbs bc of stress fractures ( i used to shoot a TON!). I worked at a dealer and Martin sent me a set of replacements. Well instead of 55-70lb replacements, I got 65-80lb replacements. Back then they were 15lbs from min-max as opposed to 10 today? ANYWAY....I shoot 68lbs and with those limbs I get a lot of vibration and shock as opposed to my smooth shooting bow I had then. So out of the blue (today) I call Martin and tell them the story and they say if I ship the limbs back, they will send me a new set at no cost. I can/can't, for obvious reasons, wait for the end of season to get here so I can send my limbs back and get a new set and then put a new string on and havea new/old (2001) bow lol. 68lbs on my old limbs was almost all the way in and didnt vibrate at all. Im like a kid waiting on Christmas!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I 1st started bow hunting at 12 years old my dad bought me a Martin Lynx. Man that was a sweet bow! Smooth as could be. It didn't have all the **** on It that these compounds have now. I liked It allot.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have a '99 cougar 2000. After I shot a switchback I kinda got the itch. I got a new baby girl now so I gotta be responsible and stuff.

This bow will likely be 20 yrs old by the time I can afford a new one. That is OK, it has gotten me a few deer, 2 of them P&Y.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I havent shot a Mathews since I bought my Martin. I chose Martin over Mathews...havent tried any of the new Mathews tho...or anything else recently
Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

Everybody these days seems as if they shoot a Bowtec, Hoyt, Mathews, Parker, etc......

Anybody shoot a Martin? I know theyre bigger on the west coat. I have an 01 Cougar Magnum that I replaced the limbs on and got the wrong set....needed 55-70 but got 65-80....kept them. Bow still shoots well...but vibrates a good bit more since Im on the lower end of the limbs' range. IBO speed to 315fps. One of the faster bows in it's day. I think I shoot 287fps if memory serves me correct. Althought I would probably go Hoyt these days...I havent shot a Martin in a while. At the time of purchase, my budget was rather large and I shot PSE, Mathews, Browning, Martin and some of the other lower end bows before coming back to the Martin. This thread is pure curiosity, as ImNOT in the market for a new bow....so the fiance says
I shoot several. Shoot a dreamcatcher, a savannah, and have had a hatfield.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Firecat (Hunting) , Cougar (Hunting), and a Septer(Target)..........All are great bows.They all shoot lights out.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Here's how good a Martin shoots
Septer 4

Firecat

Firecat

Cougar

Cougar

Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Shot a Martin Saber last year and I hated it. I did harvest an elk, bear, and turkey with it. But dang that sucker was LOUD. Had a Yote completely jump the arrowat 45 yards. Shot slow and with lots of angle. I shoot a PSE Brute now. It's a really nice bow and won't break the bank. Lot's quieter and faster than the Martin. Martin Archery is in Walla Walla if I'm not mistaken. A Washington made bow
Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Diamond Black Ice now. Which is an awesome bow. You can't go wrong with a Martin! The only good about Matthews is what they do for kids in schools. IMHO..