HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The sparring continues............ (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/266815-sparring-continues.html)

GrayDawg 10-07-2008 03:48 AM

The sparring continues............

Here's the third in a series of pictures I've been posting of an 8 point & 10 point who are currently engaged in a mad "turf war" at my kill plot.

I thought it was a bit early for this type of behavior for these parts. Our rut usually runs from Nov. 9th - 17th or thereabouts. As such, I figured these guys would have tolerated each other's presence for a little while longer before "hooking up". I've got two separate series of pictures of these two- each taken over the course of 1+ hour on two different nights! [8D]

What do you think? Personally, I think the 8 is puttin' up a heck of a fight given the disadvantage of his equipment (not near the mass of the 10's rack).

Rob

V8Ranger 10-07-2008 03:59 AM

RE: The sparring continues............

I think they are more play fighting. If you look at there back legs they are straight up and down, no leverage for pushing, that's why I think they are just playing. Just my opinion. Shoot the dominate one then the wont fight anymore LOL

PABrent 10-07-2008 06:18 AM

yea you really should take the side of the small buck and whack that 10pt!!!! Its the right thing to do and all ;)

Planter 10-07-2008 06:29 AM

What I find cool is these guys want to fight on film. There probably pals when there not on the movie set.

GrayDawg 10-07-2008 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Planter

What I find cool is these guys want to fight on film. There probably pals when there not on the movie set.
Planter,
Classic! Kind of like Sly Stallone & Carl Weathers? :D
For the record- the first one that offers me a broadside shot inside of 30 yards will get the honor of meeting the business end of my Easton Axis FMJ 400.

Rob

louddrummer69 10-07-2008 08:00 AM

I got a pic of some little guys doing this as well. Not over a food plot or mineral site just on a trail I decided to put my camera on.

GrayDawg 10-11-2008 02:33 PM

Went out to the plot yesterday & swapped cards out of the camera- these guys are STILL going at it!
They're actually moving CLOSER to the camera & giving me better angles/pictures

Our bow season opens on Monday !

Rob

Oneshot7 10-11-2008 04:18 PM

Cool deal man, looks good

SuperRedHawk 10-11-2008 04:33 PM

Wow, you got the same 2 bucks fighting on different nights, perfectly centered in the pic? Great pictures, talk about lucky!

GrayDawg 10-12-2008 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Wow, you got the same 2 bucks fighting on different nights, perfectly centered in the pic? Great pictures, talk about lucky!

I crop the pictures so they are as small as possible without removing any
critical detail.As a result-some "dead space" on the top/sides may get
cropped out, leaving just the subjects. So I'm not as lucky as you think.

rob