Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics >

Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Tonight was a night I won't soon forget. 2 nights ago on opening day I had a nice 8 pt. come in that I could not get a shot at and let him go. I was bummed to say the least. Last night i glassed a really nice buck in my Whitetail institute food plot, looked like the same deer coming out at the same timeas the night before, so needless to say I was excited for tonight. I was out by 3 p.m. this evening and my hopes were high! I sat and by 4:30 had 4 does out in the field. After a while they left and 2 more yearlings entered the field to feed. It was closing in on the magic hour so I stood and readied myself for what I would hope was an opportunity at the same buck again. Around 5 mins. of 6 I look down and this big rack is slowly stepping out of the brush. Pretty soon I can see his whole head and neck and just the front of his chest. By this time I am thinking please just 2 more steps. He takes one step and there is a briar branch about 5 ft. from him but covering his vitals. I am thinking please one more step. After 5 mins. he steps forward. I wait until the near side leg slides forward and I draw and anchor. I am telling myself to breath and take your time. His head was down and he was feeding, I put the pin on him and made a nice release. I saw thearrow disappear right into his side, blood was blowing out as I watched him run. The Rage was doing it's job. I ended up stuck in my tree for another 2 hours as I was surrounded by 6 does. I was finally able to get down and found my arrowin the field. I went to the arrow and it was covered in blood. I backed out and waited for 3 hours just to give him time. It was a nice cool night, low 50's. My dad, my buddy Jeff and I all went up around 9 tonight. We found him about 80 yds. from where I shot him after following a great blood trail. This is my biggest buck to date and I couldn't be happier. Not bad for a SE Pa. deer!!!! He is a main frame 10 with a split brow which makes him an 11 pt, he grossed 135 6/8 in. He weighed 191 field dressed according to butchers scale. Estimated live weight around 230. It's the biggest bodied deer he has seen in 3 years. I am calling him the "Slade Buck" as I dedicated it to my nephew who has been very ill and in intensive care. What a night guys, and couldn't be more pleased!!!!Hope you all enjoy the pics....

Shane
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Here are the pics:

Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice buck CONGRATS! A great story to go along with it too.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Fork Horn

great deer and awsome story and im so glad your nephew is getting better prayers are still out for him
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Fork Horn

...congrats! That's awesome. Beautiful buck.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome PA buck!!!!!

Congrats and great story, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your buck.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fantastic buck!!!! Congrats to you. Thats awesome that you dedicate that to your nephew, get well soon.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Boy that is a beautiful deer!!!! Congrats!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

What a beautiful buck...congrats! My prayers are with your nephew!

Quick Reply: Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.