Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics >

Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Congratulations on a great PA buck!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

great story and pics. thanks for sharing and congrats
Old 10-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, I really like the double throat patch.

Congrats!!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a Great Looking Buck, Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a fine buck.

Wayno
Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a fine buck and a great story too!

In addition to some beautiful head gear and a big body, I love that double throat patch!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sr77

Tonight was a night I won't soon forget. 2 nights ago on opening day I had a nice 8 pt. come in that I could not get a shot at and let him go. I was bummed to say the least. Last night i glassed a really nice buck in my Whitetail institute food plot, looked like the same deer coming out at the same as the night before, so needless to say I was excited for tonight. I was out by 3 p.m. this evening and my hopes were high! I sat and by 4:30 had 4 does out in the field. After a while they left and 2 more yearlings entered the field to feed. It was closing in on the magic hour so I stood and readied myself for what I would hope was an opportunity at the same buck again. Around 5 mins. of 6 I look down and this big rack is slowly stepping out of the brush. Pretty soon I can see his whole head and neck and just the front of his chest. By this time I am thinking please just 2 more steps. He takes one step and there is a briar branch about 5 ft. from him but covering his vitals. I am thinking please one more step. After 5 mins. he steps forward. I wait until the near side leg slides forward and I draw and anchor. I am telling myself to breath and take your time. His head was down and he was feeding, I put the pin on him and made a nice release. I saw the Tracer nock disappear right into his side, blood was blowing out as I watched him run. The Rage was doing it's job. I ended up stuck in my tree for another 2 hours as I was surrounded by 6 does. I was finally able to get down and could see my Tracer nock blinking in the field. I went to the arrow and it was covered in blood. I backed out and waited for 3 hours just to give him time. It was a nice cool night, low 50's. My dad, my buddy Jeff and I all went up around 9 tonight. We found him about 80 yds. from where I shot him after following a great blood trail. This is my biggest buck to date and I couldn't be happier. Not bad for a SE Pa. deer!!!! He is a main frame 10 with a split brow which makes him an 11 pt, he grossed 135 6/8 in. He weighed 191 field dressed according to butchers scale. Estimated live weight around 230. It's the biggest bodied deer he has seen in 3 years. I am calling him the "Slade Buck" as I dedicated it to my nephew who has been very ill and in intensive care. What a night guys, and couldn't be more pleased!!!!Hope you all enjoy the pics....

Shane

Congratulations, great pics and story! It sounds like you did everything right and were rewarded for your hard work. Are you having him mounted?

I'm tired of reading posts where the person doesn't know where they hit the deer and they wait 15 minutes then give up looking after 2 hours.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:42 AM

Very nice buck, looks like you did your homework and it paid off..glad it all came together for you.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck, great story congrats. I can't believe he only went 135" though he looks bigger
Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck! Congrats!!

Quick Reply: Big 11 pt. PA. Buck down w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.