HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   i can not believe i am going to go back to school. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/266752-i-can-not-believe-i-am-going-go-back-school.html)

bigtim6656 10-06-2008 06:06 PM

i can not believe i am going to go back to school.

When i was in high school i did not do very good. For a few different reasons.
I intend to get my GED and go to the marines i could not since i had cancer and my doctor would not sign off that i was clean even though i had been since i was 4.

When i was in the 11th grade i got in a car wreck and missed 4 months of school. So i quit when the school recommend i go to a school to gad. on time. It was full of trouble makers and criminals. And i was 18 and on probation I figured two weeks before i got into it with someone and got arrested.

Well i go Wednesday for a prep class to take a test to get into ivy tech.
If i do i can get paid by the V.A since my dad is disabled from service.

I figure if i can focus have the energy on school i do on hunting. I will be getting all A.

One thing that worries me as most of you know i am not good with English. Maybe some classes will help you guys read my post.

robdre56 10-06-2008 06:42 PM

RE: i can not believe i am going to go back to school.

good luck tim

Huntinman23 10-06-2008 06:43 PM

[align=left]well good luck man so you were in the marine corps or you were not?
[/align][align=left] [/align]

jjlemm001 10-06-2008 06:49 PM

Good Luck!! It is never too late to go back to school. And the Marines, at least yu tried most would not even do that. I tried for the Marines but failed the test................................ I could not fit my head into a jar..............but no one fails the Army's test. If no other service will take youcome to the Army, they always have open arms.......................by the way I have 14 years in the Army and counting...........

bawanajim 10-06-2008 07:05 PM

So far you have done well on your own,use your instincts to get were your going. Education is your best friend,but some of the most successfully people I know started like you.it takes heart & balls you have both.

Great luck too you ,Jim

kodiakhuntmaster 10-06-2008 07:09 PM

Good luck big guy,
I'm thinking about going back to school myself, to try to get an associate's degree. It's a scary thought since I always did pretty bad in school. I just keep thinking that I'm going to be oldest one in there, including the teacher [8D]

bigtim6656 10-06-2008 07:13 PM

no i tried but could not get my medical cleared. i had cancer and need a doctor to say i was cancer free. He said he would need to see me for 5 years to say that and i had been seeing him since i was 14

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

[align=left]well good luck man so you were in the marine corps or you were not?
[/align][align=left][/align]

bigtim6656 10-06-2008 07:15 PM

lol when i went to the recruiter he was asking people why they wanted in. Most said i want to travel see the world and get my schooling paid for he told them to call the Nat. guard. He asked me and i quoted the greatest war movie (full metal jacket) I said i want to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill. He laughed and said fill this out.

ORIGINAL: jjlemm001

Good Luck!! It is never too late to go back to school. And the Marines, at least yu tried most would not even do that. I tried for the Marines but failed the test................................ I could not fit my head into a jar..............but no one fails the Army's test. If no other service will take youcome to the Army, they always have open arms.......................by the way I have 14 years in the Army and counting...........

bigtim6656 10-06-2008 07:17 PM

My dad was adopted his real dad never got through high school can hardly read and is a multimillionaire he owns like three big businesses his own collision shop a wreck service.

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

So far you have done well on your own,use your instincts to get were your going. Education is your best friend,but some of the most successfully people I know started like you.it takes heart & balls you have both.

Great luck too you ,Jim

bigtim6656 10-06-2008 07:20 PM

Bad in school was not the word for it. I had 11 1/2 credits in 11th grade when i should have had like 28. It was not that i could not do the work i just did not. i made start As in 10th but moved and they would not use my grades from my other school so i failed all but two of my classes.

ORIGINAL: Wiggy

Good luck big guy,
I'm thinking about going back to school myself, to try to get an associate's degree. It's a scary thought since I always did pretty bad in school. I just keep thinking that I'm going to be oldest one in there, including the teacher [8D]