HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   how many of you are shooting the Guardian? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/266686-how-many-you-shooting-guardian.html)

CHAMP198 10-06-2008 10:39 AM

how many of you are shooting the Guardian?

looking at gettting one of the Guardians....shot it and feels like a really nice rig...can some of you that shoot them give me your opinions on it please

Crowkilla 10-06-2008 11:37 AM

RE: how many of you are shooting the Guardian?

I shoot a 2008 Guardian. I absolutely love the bow. Smooth draw, fast, quiet. I also like the In Velvet coating. I chose the Guardian because it fit me perfectly. Have you looked into any of the 2009 bows? You'll definitely be happy witha Guardian, but the Captain looks like it's the "new" Guardian. Same AxA, roughly the same fps, 7" brace height, same center pivot, but it has a cable guard that the Guardian. I would think -I am saying this as someone who hasnot shot a Captain - that it would make the draw that much smoother. It's also easier on the string. Again, not trying to push you away from the Guardian, because I love mine to death. I'm just saying you might find some nice upgrades in the 2009 models. http://www.bowtecharchery.com/products.php

Good luck with whatever you choose. Post a pic when you get one!

djs06dc5 10-06-2008 11:44 AM

I shoot a 2008 Guardian. I absolutely love the bow. Smooth draw, fast, quiet. I also like the In Velvet coating. I chose the Guardian because it fit me perfectly. Have you looked into any of the 2009 bows? You'll definitely be happy witha Guardian, but the Captain looks like it's the "new" Guardian. Same AxA, roughly the same fps, 7" brace height, same center pivot, but it has a cable guard that the Guardian. I would think -I am saying this as someone who hasnot shot a Captain - that it would make the draw that much smoother. It's also easier on the string. Again, not trying to push you away from the Guardian, because I love mine to death. I'm just saying you might find some nice upgrades in the 2009 models. http://www.bowtecharchery.com/products.php

Good luck with whatever you choose. Post a pic when you get one!
x2....my only complaint on the guardian is the weight with all accessories on it. also, the Captain from what i was told is a little lighter, but not much.

CHAMP198 10-06-2008 12:12 PM

I have seen the new 09 bows online but havent got them in the shop i go to yet but i dont want to buy new really....good bows nut too much $$ in my opinion :Dso i want to try and get a used one....i have shot the Guardian and really like it

HammytheHunter 10-06-2008 12:24 PM

I have a 2007 Guardian. Absolutely love the bow, but the only thing that I feel could be better is the draw cycle. I'm not sure if my let-off isn't set close to 80% or what the issue is... but this is my first bow with 60-70 limbs that I have ever had a tough time drawing it back. Then again... it could be the switch to the binary cams.

Besides that... the bow is an amazing shooter and super quiet! You wouldn't be disappointed.

Crowkilla 10-06-2008 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: CHAMP198

I have seen the new 09 bows online but havent got them in the shop i go to yet but i dont want to buy new really....good bows nut too much $$ in my opinion :Dso i want to try and get a used one....i have shot the Guardian and really like it
Ha, I don't blame you a bit. New bows are expensive. Go ahead and get the used Guardian. You sure won't regret it.

djs06dc5 10-06-2008 12:42 PM

champ198....get one, you wont regret it. like you said, get a used one or find a shop that is trying to get rid of 08 bows cheap.

i dont have any issues with my draw cycle, smooth as can be. i can barely feel it drop into valley. all i feel is the back wall.

thehairlessone! 10-06-2008 01:12 PM

Just got my second one. I absolutely love them. They hold very stable to me and I love the wall on them. I shoot them better than anything I have ever had before.

rick

CHAMP198 10-06-2008 02:13 PM

found a lot of them on sale used and the bow shop has an 08 that they are trying to move pretty quick...they took $70 off of it makin it right at $650 but thats still a little bit more than i would prefer to pay for just the bow........was there much diffrence in the 07 Guardian to the 08 Guardian....i have seen a lot of the 07s on sale pretty cheap and they look the same but didnt know if there was a cam change or anything like that....all the specs look the same as the 08 bow...is this right?

Tikka 30-06 10-06-2008 02:51 PM

Love mine. Best bow I have ever shot hands down. Great shooter overall and not half bad speed either. Nothing bad to say and I would highly suggest it!