Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Albany, We have a Problem. >

Albany, We have a Problem.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Albany, We have a Problem.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Houston, We have a Problem.

Back before we had the computerized system we had to have our DMP application in by Sept 9th I believe and you couldn't use them durring archery season and they couldn't be signed over.

I have a either sex archery/muzzleloader, antlerless archery/muzzleloader, antlered regular tag, 2 doe tags issued to me plus 2 more issued to a landowner that have been signed over to me.

Thats 7 deer and I'll try to use every tag. I donate what my family/friends and I don't eat.

Last year we (landowner not me) had 9 nuisence tags the DEC issued. 2 were used but not by me.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

I am having trouble feeling bad for you, in Maine unless you hunt in one of the expanded archery zones (which are very small) you get one tag for the whole year , in the northern part of the state it is buck only, no does no matter what the weapon, so cheer up.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

PT - you can hunt with your bow during regular gun season - but you can onlyuse your reg season buck tag or a dmp tag.
You can use the reg season tag during late bow/mz as well.

Steve
yessir, you are correct ..... Al stated I could use my gun buck tag during Archery, which is partly true .... it can be used during the SECOND archery .... most of the deer are gone and it's colder than a witches .....well, you know
Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Tony...the only place in WNY I know that usually has permits is 9A. I got the Conservation licenseplus 2 doe permits (9H and 9A) this year...Now if only I couldshoot that many, I would be all set!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Tony...the only place in WNY I know that usually has permits is 9A. I got the Conservation licenseplus 2 doe permits (9H and 9A) this year...Now if only I couldshoot that many, I would be all set!
yeah man, they aren't as thick here as other places ... I got 9H and 9G (Hamburg, Eden, Evans) I hope I fill all my tags with a bow ....
Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to rub it in....well yeah! specifically to rub it in ..... but I bought my big game license online the night before my hunt and I get 5 deer, three turkey and a bear. Sucks to be a yankee I guess. LOL.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Albany, We have a Problem.

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Went to get my hunting tags today. No doe tags (DMP) because they dont issue them after Oct. 1st. The guy said that they may release more on Nov. 1st depending on how many were given out. So I have 1 either sex tag for bow and a Buck tag for shotgun that I can fill with archery equipment. So here is the problem, If I see a doe before Nov. 1st,
Im going to shoot it. But that would mean that im tagged out till the 1st where there is only a chance I can get more doe tags only. This would mean the only buck I could shoot would be during shotgun season. Im so stupid for waiting this long to get my tags.
I'm not 100%, but I believe that if you bow a muzzzle loader tag it will allow you to take another buck or doe with archery or muzzleloader. Check with DEC.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem I didn't realize the Oct 1st cut off which is insane if the tags are there then release them, stupid friggin rule. the only saving grace is with a super sportsman you geta antlerless tag nad either sex tag so I can still poke a doe and buck with bow or muzzle, and hopefulyl get my management permits on the 1st.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Made that mistake once, so I get my tags early now. Five tags and I always have the option to go over to Sampson State Park where they will give me a tag to hunt there (while supplies last). I will be happy just to fill my freezer, though. (Of course, that includes the aux freezer out in the shed!)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

BTW...I think most of us have learned this lesson the hard way. I think Istarted a post in the Northeast section reminding everybody of the dead line. Live and learn!

Quick Reply: Albany, We have a Problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.