Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Albany, We have a Problem. >

Albany, We have a Problem.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Albany, We have a Problem.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Houston, We have a Problem.

You do realize if you get the Super sportsman license you would have gotten another tag don't you????? You would have had 3, one antlerless, one either sex and a buck tag for regular season.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Reminds me of the old saying ...........
"You Snooze - You Lose !
I didn't realize that the doe tags aren't issued out after Oct 1 . That is something to remember !
Old 10-05-2008, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

You do realize if you get the Super sportsman license you would have gotten another tag don't you????? You would have had 3, one antlerless, one either sex and a buck tag for regular season.
Well thats some pretty expensive tag soup. I probally going to end up shooting 1 deer this year because I would be the only 1 in my family to eat it.

As for waiting to get it, not my choice, There is a place to get tags about 1 mile around the corner from where I live and I rode my bike there in August to get my tags and they said Ineed a parent with me to co-sign for it. I cant wait till im 16.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

ORIGINAL: jim1966

Whats Houston have to do with it? You dont live in Texas. lol
Changed it just for you :-)
LMAO thanks.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well thats some pretty expensive tag soup. I probally going to end up shooting 1 deer this year because I would be the only 1 in my family to eat it.

As for waiting to get it, not my choice, There is a place to get tags about 1 mile around the corner from where I live and I rode my bike there in August to get my tags and they said Ineed a parent with me to co-sign for it. I cant wait till im 16.
Not if you already bought the Sportsman which includes fishing. If you didn't, you can still go back and buy a muzzleloader license for $16. I don't call that all that expensive for another tag. Super sportsman gets you3 tags and fishing plus a bear for $68. If you buy them separate they're like $16-19 for the 3 main tags.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually your uncle is still not legal. In NY you can only receive 2 DMP's max, sorry.

And Preach- you can use your bow during regular season if you'd like and use your regular season buck tag on it. 5 deer with bow for you!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Makes me realize how lucky we are in Illinois. I can shoot 2 bucks and as many does as I want to buy tags for.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Actually your uncle is still not legal. In NY you can only receive 2 DMP's max, sorry.

And Preach- you can use your bow during regular season if you'd like and use your regular season buck tag on it. 5 deer with bow for you!
Al .... I'm pretty sure you can only use the buck tag for shotgun only .......of course, I am old and my eyes are dim...[:-]

Just checked .... it can be used after shotgun as well ... during the second archery or muzzleloader .....so it wont be there for me to use with a bow....

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/08guidedeer.pdf
Old 10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

PT - you can hunt with your bow during regular gun season - but you can onlyuse your reg season buck tag or a dmp tag.
You can use the reg season tag during late bow/mz as well.

Steve
Old 10-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

If you are looking for your first whitetail harvest then take a doe if given the opportunity and give yourself confidence (and backstraps). Last year I waited till later in the season and ended up eating doe tag soup!

Quick Reply: Albany, We have a Problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.