Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added >

I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Old 10-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I ran my bow over with the truck last night

Wow...what an expensive lesson to learn. Although you got a deer, you lost a lot of money with your set-up. Sure hope you can re-coup and enjoy the rest of the year!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

OUCH !!!!!

I " had "a bad habit of putting my bow on the truck roof when stashing my gear in the truck after a hunt. I had shot a doe and was in a hurry. Stashed my gear in the truck , hopped in and took off. I had a bad feeling I was forgetting something and looked in the back seat while driving. NO BOW !! [&:] I was doing about 35 and just let the truck coast to a stop. Get out and the bow was still on the roof. Thank God I drive a Ford. Had it been a rough riding Chevy... the bow would have fell off and the Chevy would have got stuck on the bow!! Wouldn't have even needed to be a toughBowtech. [8D]

Tim
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hearthat Chris - tough way to startthe season. Hopefully no worse off in the light. Good luck getting things put back together - letus know if you end up needing anything!

Mike
Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Damn old friend that hurts. Tough break no pun intended. Let me know if there is anything I can do to get you back out in the field. I know your probably have a ton of broadheads. http://www.broadheadtests.com/

On a lighter note, perhaps Big John's sympathy will get you off is list. [8D]
Old 10-05-2008, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

Heres how not to start to the season off! I shot a spike buck last night just before dark ( no management on this lease) but didn't want to put him all the way in the back of the truck with the rest of my gear so I just laid the tailgate down and tied him to it. To get back to where I was hunting you need a 4wd ( no atv's allowed). I was almost dark and I guess I didn't pay attention and the truck slipped into HUGE rut! I don't know how I even got out but I did, rocking back and fourth in 4 low until she came out. Once out I look back and don't see my deer so I get out and look, it's in the rut along with my cooler, some clothes, boots, my bow ( new vectix I bought this year) and a few other things. Long story short I broke all my arrows, cable guard, string suppresser, string came off track, the sight and quiver are toast, not sure about the rest as it was dark and I was slightly upsetMy truck tail pipe was bent up into the rear tire and it took a chain and another truck to get to pull it back, what a night. The good news is no one is hurt. I am telling this story so I can bask in all of your sympothy and hopefully help some of you not make the same mistake, put the tail gate up or keep your gear in the cab. I figure that deer cost me a little over 1000 dollers in my bow and truck repair!
I do not feel sorry for you one bit!That is about the stupidest thing to do that I've ever heard! You should probably be mentioned on one of Jeff Foxworthy's shows!!! You might be a dumb___!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:18 AM

Sorry to hear that man! Roanoke county?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm.... We have some serious Man law violations here

Sorry about your bow, I wouldve either got mad and threw the remains or just sat down and cried. I hope you can get back out there.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That certainly does suck.

I guess i don't feel so bad about breaking a sight pin this morning anymore, really puts it into perspective.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch, that sucks the big apple!!!!

I once left a gun leaningagainst the back tire of a pick up, and once the pick-up started backing up. of course the gun fell over, behind the back tire, and got run over. Of course, I was about 10 years old, and it was my BB gun, but I learned a lesson for sure!!

Hope you get back on track soon!!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.. ya I read the title and just thought about how bad that would suck.. Sorry to hear about the trouble. Congrats on the deer though...

Quick Reply: I ran my bow over with the truck last night pics added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.