Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics) >

Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics)

Old 10-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Default Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics)

This morning I sat in the same stand I sat in yesterday evening. I thought it would produce last night, but a bobcat decided to take a catnap about 20 yards in front my stand right around prime time and kept the deer away, I think.

So I climbed back in it this morning. I saw little to no action until 8:30ish, and then it was only a lone, young doe. She hung around for a while, and whenever she presented me with a 13 yard quartering away shot, I couldn't resist. I slowly drew and let the arrow fly. Freakin' smoked her. I watched her run 25 yards and crash like a sack of rocks. I texted my buddy who was hunting about 300 yards away that I had a doe down. I just nocked another arrow and stayed in the stand, since he was still hunting and said he had a few deer around him. So I sat and waited. I looked at the deer through the binocs like 50 times and just sat there enjoying life. Low and behold, 20 mins later I hear some leaves crunching behind me. I look up to see a good looking mature doe working her way toward me from the same direction. The reason I wasn't expecting them from that direction is because it was directly downwind of me. I guess my scent control practices are paying off. It took me about 5 seconds to decide if I would take a shot oppurtunity..I would. The only reason I considered shooting a second deer is because I knew I would not have to track the first one, otherwise I would have passed her up.

She walked a circle around me and presented me with a 20 yard broadside shot, and both her lungs paid dearly. She ran barely out of my sight (about 35 yards) and I heard her crash to the ground. It took longer to find my arrows than to find both deer

Here are some pics

My arrow from my first shot.

The heart from the young doe, sliced through the middle.

And the trophies

Oh and BTW: I got a chance to put my Magnus Stingers to the test this weekend (A yote and 2 does). I am VERY impressed
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics)

Congrats Man!!! Great eatin' right there!!! And Magnus makes the best flying fixed blade head out there, IMO
Old 10-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome u must be out of freezer space
Old 10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job man!! I used to attend OSU there in Stillwater and I did some hunting out around Pawnee. There are some real big bucks there in Osage county.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: John Deer

Nice job man!! I used to attend OSU there in Stillwater and I did some hunting out around Pawnee. There are some real big bucks there in Osage county.
Really? Sweet! Go Pokes!

This actually isn'taround Stillwater. I live in the SW part of the state and came home for the weekend. That's where I got these. I haven't found a place to hunt up there[:@]
Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Great job man. What part of SW oklahoma? I try to hit Ada up every once in a while.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Kiowa county is where this property is.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

congrats fellow Okie!!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Nice does. But what about pix of the yote?
Old 10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome, congrats on the yote too

Quick Reply: Nannies down in Oklahoma (Story and Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.