Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should be hearing from PA guys soon! >

Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

who ran first? lol jk ive had 4 encounters with bears none while hunting and i hualed ass
Old 10-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

You know a bear can run faster then you.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: robdre56

who ran first? lol jk ive had 4 encounters with bears none while hunting and i hualed ass
Actually, I was more shocked than anything else,not really sure what I would have done if he would have taken a few steps towards me. Probably would have headed to the truck for a new pair of drawers. [:-]

I have to admit, it gives you one hell of an adrenalin rush though.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Got back to the stand at 4:00 at 6:30 had 3 does and a buck feed their way down the hill towards me. The buck was a solid 8 and I would have taken a shot but he stayed out around 50 yards. The two does feed up to about 15 yards away. But never offered a clear shot.

Wayno
Old 10-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I climbed a tree yesterday afternoon about 200 yards off a fieldat about 2 and came down at 6:45. NOTHING.

So, I climbed a different tree in a different woodsthis afternoon at 2 and came down at 6:50. NOTHING. This is getting old.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a Davidmil day.............a whole lotta NOTHIN.

Man talk about a let down after months of preparation and then to get the perfect wind, weather etc.

I entered my woodlot and my groundblind (brushed in since JUNE[:-]) from the opposite direction so as not to disturb any deer feeding in the fully picked corn field above.
Lot of good that did me since a guy I've never seen before parked on the edge of the corn field and walked right through the middle of it before first light on an angle where his wind was going to go right across me.
PERFECT.

Needless to say I didn't see a thing.

PM gets even better. That guy is still there as his Jeep hadn't moved since I bailed out at 11:00AM, but now we have MORE company. A jackass I hadn't seen on this farm in 3yrs makes a triumphant return this afternoon by driving into and parking in the middle of........yep you guessed it the CUT CORN FIELD. [:@]
So I have 2 yahoos upstream of me somewhere and a Chester the Molester conversion van parked out in the middle of the food because Chester is too lazy to walk the 300 yards to that point.

Needless to say I didn't see anything again.

I love PA. It's the best.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw tons of squirrels and lots of birds.. not a single deer.. Gotta love northcentral PA hunting... YAYYYY[:'(]
Old 10-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Well guys, I worked this morning, but was able to get out for an evening hunt.

Saw no deer [:@], but had a great encounter with a black bear at about 10 yards face to face. [:-]

This was my first everencounter with a bear, in 31 years of hunting. I really don't know who was more excited me or the bear.

Good luck,

Brian
Brian, something that exciting, no phone call, no text? You were hoping for a bear encounter and bud, you got one.

Tonight, I saw zero deer but I loved my sit.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Rob,
Sometimes that picture is what its all about.

On a side note.........I saw 500 chipmunks, 75 red squirrels, 15 Blue Jays and got buzzed by a hawk( I was standing up on a rock and he came down and buzzed me about 3 feet above my head). Didnt see any deer, heard one snorting at another hunter about 200 yards away. She snorted about 20 times(no exaggeration). So with everything but the deer I had a very busy day. You know when chipmunks and squirrels run in the leaves, they sound just like a deer walking. Im surprised I didnt get whiplash....lol
Old 10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems the general concencus in my area was that, noone saw a dang thing, morning or evening?? I talked to 15 people and of the 15 one person saw a deer. (They missed) But anyhow, I diddnt get to go cause I cant risk getting sick so this morning when it was 40 degrees out and raining I took my mancard out and burned it then went back to sleep. Cant be a man about the situation then why have the card

Lol anyhow, I had a hockey game in pittsburgh so I couldnt hunt in the evening, However we did win 6-1 with a team thats gaurenteed a spot to nationals just cause their hosting it... Which is the biggest joke ever, they are terrable..... wait why am I ranting about this... I'm over it. Anyhow, come monday if its not raining (like the forecast is calling for) I'll be out watching over my home away from home.

Good luck god speed and be safe to all the bowhunters.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Should be hearing from PA guys soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.