Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Field Test: Mature Doe >

Rage Field Test: Mature Doe

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Field Test: Mature Doe

Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Field Test: Mature Doe

Congrats! I have a question, I have never looked into a different broadhead because my 3 blade muzzys always amaze me and they fly fine so why change right? But with the price of Rages I think 39.99 for 3 I replace my muzzy blades after I shoot a animal. It's relatively cheap. Do you replace the blades on the rage? If so how expensive and difficult is that? I think Muzzys are 12 bucks for 6 blades.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:26 PM

Oh yeah wound channel!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Congrats! I have a question, I have never looked into a different broadhead because my 3 blade muzzys always amaze me and they fly fine so why change right? But with the price of Rages I think 39.99 for 3 I replace my muzzy blades after everytime I shoot a animal.It's relatively cheap. Do you replace the blades on the rage? If so how expensive and difficult is that? I think Muzzys are 12 bucks for 6 blades.
Yep! I do at least. it's 20.00 for replacement blades and tips. Just picked a pack at Gander this week. It's pretty simple.

The package includes 6 blades and 3 tips.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:04 AM

Shot a doe with a muzzy 3 blade last night and she only went 30 yds. The arrow completely passed through stuck in the ground, and all I had to do is knock the dirt off of It and put It back in my quiver I don't have to replace anything, so what's all the rage! no pun intended.(Well maybe)
Old 10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Drizzu213

Shot a doe with a muzzy 3 blade last night and she only went 30 yds. The arrow completely passed through stuck in the ground, and all I had to do is knock the dirt off of It and put It back in my quiver I don't have to replace anything, so what's all the rage! no pun intended.(Well maybe)
Totally irresponsible if you plan on using this bh without at least changing the blades. Personally, when a head has done its job it gets retired.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

CONGRATS. Nice doe
Old 10-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: annika3

Totally irresponsible if you plan on using this bh without at least changing the blades. Personally, when a head has done its job it gets retired.

How is not changing the blades irresponsible? If theres nothing wrong with them why change them? We are talking about shooting a deer not a steel drum. I think that some people "over do it" when it comes to not reusing bread heads. Take Slicktricks for example. They are built like tanks. they can handle plenty of deer as long as you keep them sharp and don't bend the blades.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

ORIGINAL: annika3

How is not changing the blades irresponsible? If theres nothing wrong with them why change them? We are talking about shooting a deer not a steel drum. I think that some people "over do it" when it comes to not reusing bread heads. Take Slicktricks for example. They are built like tanks. they can handle plenty of deer as long as you keep them sharp and don't bend the blades.
reusing is far and away different from reusing without resharpening....a night and day difference....Not resharpening at the least is just begging for trouble on down the road.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Spike

Its very important to do DOE test every year..This time first time i am planning to do..So please tell me How much doe's a practical driving test cost.?

Doe Test Dublin