Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters) >

It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters)

Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters)

How bout it? I am at work and it's futile to think that I am gonna get anything thing done. All I can think about is flying to Gander (last minute stuff like bear spray for HNI's own DoePeeSteve), getting home and loading the wheeler, and hitting the road for the grocery store and on to the cabin. It is no longer "killing" me cause it's here, but its darn hard to concentrate when I am thinking about txjourney killing hogs and Matt/PA setting up Admirals.

Oh well, Here is to the last afternoon, other than Sundays, that doesn't end with me in a tree for a long time. We have made it boys. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters)

The light is at the end of the tunnel. I'm home for lunch, threw a load of camo in the wash. I have 3.5 hours of work yet and then it's all mental preparation LOL. Q2INWHITETAILS should be rolling into my lodge tonight sometime armed with steaks from Hoss's. MMmmmmm. Tomorrow morn we'll be sitting in a tree enjoying the crisp 42 deg air.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tomorrow is going to be perfect. Mid 30's up until 9am or so, and only a high of 56 degrees. Can't wait. Unfortunately Dan is already home, and I'm stuck at work for another couple of hours. I have two demos coming up withgood prospects for work, and it's going to be difficult to pay attention for them to say the least..........

Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

It's that time of year, man you can just feel it. Leaves are changing/falling, cool evenings, shorter days. Tomorrow it all kicks off, man it is great to be alive right now!! Plan on hunting the morning in a new spot, coming home after lunch to crash on the sofa and watch the hockey game, GO PENS!!!, then head back out for and evening hunt. How sweet it is. Good Luck everyone!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I hear ya Matt, one of my main hunting buddies got in from western PA around 10 this morning, he is ready to rip. I am gonna try to get a few more things done and have a short meeting, then hit the road. You guys have a safe trip and hunt. Good luck. Keep me on the "Success Text List" or what have you.[8D]
Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

And you are right, we couldn't have ordered better weather with a pen and paper.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bear spray? Yeah I'm pretty dang pumped. The weather is going to be absolutely perfect. I need to check the wind again, but I think it will pan out for the spots I had in mind. Looking forward to a text tomorrow, Ben
Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya Bear spray. He is heading into the den of evil tomorrow. HAHAHA. Seriously, he is gonna see bear. I have him soo darn scared right now its hilarious. Matt you were getting a text whether you wanted one or not, probably before light.[8D] It's not only deer season, but its texting season. Contractors, loggers, and other manly types texting each other like little girls in junior high. Make sure you have the unlimited plan ladies.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Kickin' the tires and lightin' the fires!

Ready for 6 weeks of: bad sleeping habits, bad eating habits, restless days at work waiting for quitting time, green leaves turning into more pleasant colors, walking myself ragged on sundays moving stands and scouting more spots, shivering on frosty mornings, watching my breath, watching a deer's breath, footsteps in the leaves, grunts, rubs, scrapes, chipmunks and squirrels running about and wondering what the hel I do with myself for 10 months out of the year waiting for this to get here. And it's all done to hear that famalier .........

TWANG.........SMACK !

Yep, it's time. It smells like it outside too.

Tomorrow at daylight.......I'll be at my REAL home...

Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

in just about 13 hours we will be bound for stands....KINDA CRAZY...Im glad I have Lake Erie Walleye Fishing to kill time all year...or wait do I have Deer Hunting to Kill Time for Fishing....hmmm its really a toss up anymore!...

Stands are in, Bow is shooting good, Pack the bags and off to hunt we go!

PUMPED FOR THE MORNING!!

HERES TO YA PA HUNTERS....MAY YOUR ARROWS FLY TRUE AND ACCURATE!!...STACK EM LIKE WOOD THIS YEAR!!

BE SAFE WEAR A HARNESS TOO!

Quick Reply: It's Christmas Eve.(PA Hunters)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.