Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 feeling pretty crappy >

feeling pretty crappy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

feeling pretty crappy

Old 10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Spike

Default feeling pretty crappy

I've been out the past two nights here in Illinois. I got busted by twice tonight by two big does less than 10 yards from my setup (I was on the ground in a make shift blind). Well I got a little overwhelmed and took a broadside shot at a yearling right at the end of shooting light. Looking back at it, it was too dark to shoot and I am about 95% sure I shot over her because she ran off 30 yards then walked back to me. But I wasnt able to find my arrow in the grass so I will be out tomorrow to look for the arrow and sign. I'll be kicking myself in the rear all night for this blunder.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: feeling pretty crappy

Guys be patient it will all happen.Low lightis when lighted nocks are invaluable. It would be nice to be 100% sure if you missed. Good luck I hope it works out for you and the deer.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Spike

Well I went this morning and never found the area. But the area where the deer was when I shot and her path while running to and from me was clean. I might take my brothers metal detector out to search thru the tall grass. I am considering it a miss but will keep looking for that arrow.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

If she walked back to you, you missed. Feel lucky and learn from the experience.